PDA

View Full Version : Hello XJT

biggspew
08-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Hello all. I am Bissgspew. I live in Murray, KY. I am new to the "Jeep thing" but have wheeled almost every thing else, moslty Toyota with Chevy V8 and Turbo trans.
I am currently building a 2001 Cherokee Sport for some light duty wheeling/ camping and hauling my quad around (hopefully I can stick to that idea!?).
I have learned a lot by reading up on the general maintenance issues the members have faced and am applying all the tips and tricks I can to my rig. My mechanical ability is next to nill but if I have the patience, I can learn with the best of them. So, please, if I ask a stupid question that has been posted about 1.1 million times, feel free to flame then answer me any way:D
Thanks,
Biggspew

4.3LXJ
08-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome John. We don't flame here. Cardinal rule. So the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. As for mechanical knowledge, we all started somewhere

Brasscatz
08-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Welcome! Yep, everybody treats everybody with respect here! That's what makes us the best forum in the world ;) We may poke fun at each other from time to time, but it's in good spirits.
Everybody started somewhere, so ask away!

Mudderoy
08-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Welcome John. We don't flame here. Cardinal rule. So the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. As for mechanical knowledge, we all started somewhere

Welcome! Yep, everybody treats everybody with respect here! That's what makes us the best forum in the world ;) We may poke fun at each other from time to time, but it's in good spirits.
Everybody started somewhere, so ask away!

Hello all. I am Bissgspew. I live in Murray, KY. I am new to the "Jeep thing" but have wheeled almost every thing else, moslty Toyota with Chevy V8 and Turbo trans.
I am currently building a 2001 Cherokee Sport for some light duty wheeling/ camping and hauling my quad around (hopefully I can stick to that idea!?).
I have learned a lot by reading up on the general maintenance issues the members have faced and am applying all the tips and tricks I can to my rig. My mechanical ability is next to nill but if I have the patience, I can learn with the best of them. So, please, if I ask a stupid question that has been posted about 1.1 million times, feel free to flame then answer me any way:D
Thanks,
Biggspew

Yep what those guys said. :xjtalk: was started because we wanted a site where members respected each other and any question could be asked without fear of being called stupid, or reading that dreaded post "google is your friend!"

You ask we'll answer the best of our ability and that includes doing the Google search ourselves! When you post don't worry were you post just post! A mod or admin will move your post to the right place, the most important thing is that you posted!

I bet you're getting the idea! :D

:welcome: to the site, and :thanx: for taking the time to register and post. :bacondance:

XJ Wheeler
08-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Seems like these guys have it all said, so i'll keep it simple.

Welcome to xjtalk and feel free to post away... and pics are always a pleasure.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

bluedragon436
08-09-2013, 02:12 AM
:welcome: to :xjtalk: from Delaware!! Look forward to seeing your XJ as you build it into what you want it to be!!

biggspew
08-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes! It's good to hear that I wont have the "smack down" laid on me too much. I spent most of last night reading about cooling issues as mine wanted to get up and over 230 when I towed my wheeler at 65-70 mph last week. So I am going to spend my spare time this weekend and week using the tips/tricks from the threads I read. I am also doing other maintenance such as changing trans/ transfer fluid (oh yeah, read the 1 million posts on which tranny fluid too use and not to change it all at once).
Thanks again! I will post a "start point" pic as soon as I can.

XJ Wheeler
08-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes! It's good to hear that I wont have the "smack down" laid on me too much. I spent most of last night reading about cooling issues as mine wanted to get up and over 230 when I towed my wheeler at 65-70 mph last week. So I am going to spend my spare time this weekend and week using the tips/tricks from the threads I read. I am also doing other maintenance such as changing trans/ transfer fluid (oh yeah, read the 1 million posts on which tranny fluid too use and not to change it all at once).
Thanks again! I will post a "start point" pic as soon as I can.

Keep us posted. The "what did you do to your jeep today" thread is never too full!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.