PDA

View Full Version : In need of someone who knows about Isuzu's...

cherokeepeavy
08-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I have looked all over google for a Isuzu forum of some type but was unable to find any so hopefully someone on here knows something about them.

My wife has a 2001 Isuzu Trooper and the oil pressure stays really low. it will be normal one day and the next its zero. today she told me it was barely over 0 when she accelerated and when she stopped it was below 0. What could this possibly be?

If no one knows about this could you possibly tell me what i could do to find a solution without having to go to a mechanic. thanks..

:confused:

OrangeXJ
08-07-2013, 04:36 PM
I would check the oil psi sending unit

Brasscatz
08-07-2013, 06:28 PM
I would suggest the oil sending unit as well for a start. They're usually not too expensive and they're fairly easy to replace

90ARMYxj
08-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Before I came to play with the big dogs I played with nothing it isuzu's they are great little trucks but they have some issues one thing that is a big problem with them is the oil gums up the sending unit your best bet is to replace sending unit and do a oil change but use motor flush the first time through before you drop the oil then use shell rotella t 15-40 I know it sounds crazy but it works really well with these motors also check out www.planetisuzoo.com a lot of good info there

Mudderoy
08-07-2013, 11:21 PM
I have looked all over google for a Isuzu forum of some type but was unable to find any so hopefully someone on here knows something about them.

My wife has a 2001 Isuzu Trooper and the oil pressure stays really low. it will be normal one day and the next its zero. today she told me it was barely over 0 when she accelerated and when she stopped it was below 0. What could this possibly be?

If no one knows about this could you possibly tell me what i could do to find a solution without having to go to a mechanic. thanks..

:confused:

Well with old Chevy engines and the Jeep 4.0 if oil pressure shows low and the motor sounds normal, then it's the oil pressure sending unit, or the gauge.

Let us know what the solution turns out to be.