PDA

View Full Version : Front Brakes

Tristan89xj
08-07-2013, 03:03 PM
A couple weeks ago i changed my fround breaks and while it did enprove my stoping power i cant get them to let up. when i let off the breaks in drive it doesnt role im pretty sure its my passenger break because it is the one smocking when i get where im going. my dad and i blead the front breaks and it didnt help i do live in the city and it is 100 degrese out side but i dont think they should be smoking.

prerunner1982
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Sounds like you may have a brake line collapsing not allowing the fluid to release the pressure OR take the tire off and look and see if one side is stuck, the guides may need to be lubed (typically done when changing brake pads). Also the caliper itself may have gone bad. You can rebuild them or buy a new one.

My passenger side was doing something similar and it ended up being a bad caliper.

reddragon72
08-07-2013, 03:09 PM
What did you do to the brakes? did you put new pads one or rotors or calipers?

abebehrmann
08-07-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm no expert, but my first guess would be either a bad caliper or a worn out hose leading to the caliper. If the hose is worn out, it can act like a one way valve and makes it hard for the caliper to retract after letting off the brakes. I'd like to hear what others say though.

XJ Wheeler
08-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Did you get any grease on the rotors when you did the brakes? That could cause it to smoke, but i wouldn't think the part about not releasing.

Both symptoms lead me to think either the hose problem Jon (prerunner1982) was speaking of, a caliper locking up, or grooves worn into the knuckles binding the pads upon trying to return after breaking. The grooves are an easy thing to find out by inspecting the knuckle. Although, you can surely have the grooves and that not be your problem.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Tristan89xj
08-11-2013, 04:55 PM
It was my caliper thanks guys