PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Deprivation! Poorly Planned Road Construction!

Infidel Edition
08-05-2013, 11:04 AM
So I had drill all weekend ~ and I drill 5 hours from home.
Well worth the drive because this unit is the closest to the types of things I used to do on active duty!
Well this weekend was extra physically demanding and I'm sore and my OLD hurts:P
We got out late on Sunday and the drive went OK... given the lack of sleep.
BUT WHEN I GET HOME...:bang::mad0090:

Well, here's the email I sent to every county office I could find (please excuse the choice of verbiage as I was tired and pissy when I sent it):
--------

Subject: How can we help?

A request from a Washington County web site user has been made. See the information below:

A request for action for: Land Use & Transportation [email protected] who does not require a response about:
Issue: Suggestion

Good morning.
Well, not really! Actually, it's a crappy morning!
Why? Well mostly from the lack of sleep caused by the road construction outside my bedroom window ALL NIGHT LONG last night.
And for the record, NO!, telling me that there's a sign doesn't make it any better!
Better yet. The fact that the supervisory person at the location found it funny that the sound of tanks rolling down the street and the echo of a .50 cal firing freaks out a combat vet is just freaking hilarious!
No. I didn’t say tanks WERE rolling down my street. Nor did I say that a .50 was rattling off.
I SAID THE SOUND OF! Which was actually construction equipment squealing back and forth and the .50 was the jackhammer!
Imagine how F’ING funny PTSD is! Truly a LOL moment I’m sure. At least it was for him judging by the smirk on his face.

But I don’t hold him responsible for this crap. He’s just the ****Tard that was supervising this idiotically managed and executed project. And he did have what most uncaring dickheads would consider a valid point… There was a sign!
Rather, the person that I hold responsible is the elected official that WON’T GET REELECTED IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT that makes decisions like, “Let’s not disturb the traffic of the rich people that live up the hill! Let’s take away the sleep of the poor at the bottom of the hill! Because it’s not like their important!”

You don’t have to tell me who it is. I’ll figure that out on my own. I wouldn’t want to inconvenience you.
But I would appreciate you passing this quick synopsis of my last few days along to this person.
To begin, last week (back when it was only going to be a few days of ALL NIGHT CONSTRUCTION OUTSIDE MY WINDOW), they put my life in danger!
• HOW? By causing sleep deprivation 4 nights in a row before I had to get in my vehicle and drive 300 miles to drill!
o And for the record, NO! Road construction is not a valid excuse to miss required military training! So I drove sleepy!
Then, I spent 3 days of physically demanding military training to ensure that both myself and my troops are prepared to defend this country! Oddly, military training doesn’t always provide for hours and hours of sleep!
But that’s OK. Because after a long day on Sunday, I got to enjoy my 5 hour drive home. Where, and 11 pm I was overwhelmingly surprised to find that the week of construction was actually 2 weeks! of construction.
• But there was a sign!
o Which, by the way, doesn’t help the fact that I had to get up at 4:30 to go to my regular “during the month” job!
I’m so happy that you have now given me the goal of contacting EVERYONE I CAN FIND to share this joyous experience with.
And yes, this is your sign!
… doesn’t the fact that I presented you (the tard responsible / not the person that is tasked with checking this email) with a sign!
Sincerely,
One Pissed Off, Cranky, Tired, Sergeant!

Mudderoy
08-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm afraid they would have called the police on me.

Brasscatz
08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Overnight construction? That doesn't seem like a smart idea. I'm interested to see their response

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Infidel Edition
08-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I didn't really expect anything significant back from the county. And based on the 1st response (I sent to several departments ~ including the state board of government ethics), I still won't hold my breath.
A friend said I should call 911 and pretend I'm on a radio calling for fire support before taking out enemy insurgents.
That'd get some quick response ~ though not the kind I'd want.

----
Good morning, David. First let me apologize for the road work noise last night on Cornell Road between Saltzman and the county line. Since work started last night at the Saltzman end of Cornell, I assume that's where you are. Last night was the first of five nights of paving work planned on this road. Night work will continue throughout this week. Night work is planned again for August 13, 14 and 15 for intersection markings and road striping.

We do make an effort to let folks know about upcoming road work. In June, we published a news item announcing our road paving plans and noting that much of the work would be conducted at night to reduce disruption to traffic on these high volume major roads. Our contractor, Baker Rock Resources, was required to get noise variances from appropriate agencies in order to perform the work at night. They are also required to post advisory signs well in advance to alert travelers and nearby residents of the upcoming work. Night paving work is highlighted and posted on our Washington County Roads web site as well.

Again, I'm sorry the noise from this work caused you distress. I hope you understand that this short-term impact provides a long-term benefit to the traveling public.

Mudderoy
08-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Big deal! What does a sign do? Lets you move to a hotel during those nights, live somewhere else? Select primary and secondary snipping locations? :smiley-laughing021:

Infidel Edition
08-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Charlie 6, this is White 2 -

I have several enemy insurgents along route "Alpha"
Grid to follow.
1234 - 5678
Activity is digging strategic holes and emplacing suspicious materials - break

Uniform is civilian with orange markings
Time is now.
Prepared to engage.
Will call in after they've been eliminated.
How copy? Over....

:rolleye0012:

drakan1908
08-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Tell them you own a Jeep and are tired of them wasting taxpayers money on pavement. Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Infidel Edition
08-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Tell them you own a Jeep and are tired of them wasting taxpayers money on pavement. Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Oddly enough...
Just down the road is where all the GIANT houses are ~
You know those for sale signs where they say, "starting in the low $100,000 range"
... well, the ones in this neighborhood say "starting in the low $1.5 million" and I have to assume they don't want that spendy little sports car getting dirt on the wheels....