PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Midknight!!!

BlueXJ
08-04-2013, 03:45 AM
Hi Midknight, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Midknight
08-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Hi, I just bought a 2000 Cherokee classic today, when I was driving home the oil pressure indicator went to zero, the engine started to sound like a diesel. I called the dealership and had it towed back to their shop. I hope it will be ok. If it isn't I will go look for another cherokee

XJ Wheeler
08-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi, I just bought a 2000 Cherokee classic today, when I was driving home the oil pressure indicator went to zero, the engine started to sound like a diesel. I called the dealership and had it towed back to their shop. I hope it will be ok. If it isn't I will go look for another cherokee

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope its not some shady people trying to pass on their problems to you. Welcome to xjtalk and best of luck with your jeep. Hope everything works out for the best.

Mudderoy
08-04-2013, 09:22 AM

Yeah that's too bad. When I started reading that sentence I figured the sensor just went bad, but if it goes to zero and you hear the lifters singing, it really is zero oil pressure.

Midknight
08-04-2013, 12:39 PM
The salesmen I bought the Jeep from gave me a car to drive home and said that if they could not fix it they would give me my truck back and cancel the deal. The nice thing about where I live, there is a ton of Cherokees, I will find another one

JeepFreak
08-04-2013, 12:55 PM
The salesmen I bought the Jeep from gave me a car to drive home and said that if they could not fix it they would give me my truck back and cancel the deal. The nice thing about where I live, there is a ton of Cherokees, I will find another one

Those D-wads...shady as far as I can tell. At least they're willing to cancel the deal if they can't fix it. Just make sure they don't do a 3 month temp fix. Doesn't do you or the Jeep good. Anyways, welcome to the site and I hope you find some good info on here. If you're having an oil issue, once it's fixed, go check out my walkthrough thread: How to: Simple Oil Change 101. Has some good information that some people wouldn't know. Since you're a first time Cherokee owner, it might be of use to you. Good luck!

Midknight
08-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I planed on either rebuilding the engine or buying a HO from a company that builds the 4.0. If it can last me till I get the motor, thats all I need

JeepFreak
08-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I planed on either rebuilding the engine or buying a HO from a company that builds the 4.0. If it can last me till I get the motor, thats all I need

How many miles are on the current engine and what problems are there besides the oil pressure, if any?

Midknight
08-04-2013, 02:13 PM
150,000 No other problems that I saw. I would just like to have an extra 50 horse or so. I just sold my Tundra V8 so I was missing the extra HP

Midknight
08-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Is there any other people in Washington state on here?

JeepFreak
08-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Is there any other people in Washington state on here?

I'm sure there are. There's a lot of people from a lot of different states on here. As for your Jeep, I wouldn't even bother with the rebuild. 50HP is nothing unless you're rock crawling 10 foot rocks. Besides, you can get at least 4 or 5HP by getting a top of the line air filtration system and intake. You can get another 3-5HP by using higher grade gasoline and 2-4HP by using gasoline additives. There's ways of getting HP without rebuilding the entire engine. More cost effective too. Top of the line fuel injectors would be money better spent since that will get you an extra 5-7HP. You can make up that 50HP if you wanted to for cheaper without a rebuild. 150,000 miles isn't anything. My Jeep Cherokee is a '94 4WD and it has over 260,000 miles on it with very few problems. I would let that engine work until it needs to be rebuilt. Those 4.0's are fantastic.

Midknight
08-04-2013, 05:38 PM
260,000, thats a lot of miles. I had a 72 Buick custom with over 200,000, that thing ran like a champ. I will look in to the headers, and the fuel injectors. and I was going to put a better exhaust system on. Does anyone know if they make an under drive pulley for the 4.0? I had one on my tundra and noticed a slight increase in power

JeepFreak
08-04-2013, 06:42 PM
260,000, thats a lot of miles. I had a 72 Buick custom with over 200,000, that thing ran like a champ. I will look in to the headers, and the fuel injectors. and I was going to put a better exhaust system on. Does anyone know if they make an under drive pulley for the 4.0? I had one on my tundra and noticed a slight increase in power

Yeah and it's still going strong. Got a few minor, minor problems. There's a small oil leak from the rear main oil seal and pan bolt, a small transfer case leak, small front differential leak (caused by Les Schwab servicing the U-Joint), and the radiator blew and the water pump stopped working. The last 2 were going to be replaced this week anyway after 10 years of service so I'm glad they decided to die. So really no major mechanical problems. Getting 10 years out of a water pump and radiator is amazing. If you can, I would suggest keeping the original engine. Like I said, my XJ has the original engine and transmission with 260,000 miles. They'll run forever.

4.3LXJ
08-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Former WA state here. Moved back to Cali

Midknight
08-06-2013, 08:39 PM
The Jeep I bought blew its engine, they gave me my truck back. I guess I will have to keep looking

XJ Wheeler
08-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear that, but at least they didn't try to stick you with it.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

JeepFreak
08-07-2013, 02:00 PM
You'll find another one! Jeeps aren't very hard to come by so I'm sure your search won't be very long. Keep your spirits up and you'll find the right one for you.

Midknight
08-10-2013, 08:43 PM
:DI bought a 99 Cherokee sport today. I got it all the way home without the engine blowing, pay less for it, and its in better condition. Next Saturday I have the lift put on it. I am VERY happy:D:bacondance:

4.3LXJ
08-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Cngrats Zane, let the fun begin

JeepFreak
08-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Nice that's gonna be fun. You'll have a good time.

XJ Wheeler
08-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Congratulations! Glad it worked out for ya.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Midknight
08-17-2013, 12:12 PM
How do you change the picture next to your name?

4.3LXJ
08-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Got to user CP then select edit avatar