PDA

View Full Version : Welcome crayform!!!

cantab27
08-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi crayform, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

crayform
08-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Hi all! I recently moved to Utah and picked up this poor neglected GC. It had broken exhaust with no cat or muffler, no front driveshaft, clogged injectors, loose suspension etc...

It's got a lot of potential so I plan on painting it and getting it back to a reliable off roader...

4.3LXJ
08-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Sounds like it is on the road to recovery. I would add to my post on your death wobble. It is lifted, so check those bushings in the suspension arms too. Not a bad looking rig for being neglected

crayform
08-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks 4.3! Are you referring to all bushings or lower control arm bushings?

4.3LXJ
08-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes, but the uppers are smaller and more fragile. Also check the steering box for play in it. No one ever adjusts them.

crayform
08-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Ok thanks! I'll check all of them and update...

XJ Wheeler
08-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Welcome to xjtalk! Hope we can help ya get that beast back in better order. Nice lookin Grand! Thanks for joining and giving us a pic.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

crayform
08-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Well I discovered the steering stabilizer was blown out (fluid everywhere) so I replaced and after a 1500 mile trip it was pretty solid. Now the other issues...

Rough idle: replaced the two injectors which were packed with sand and if still idles rough. A little smoother but still rough. Might pull the PCM and do the solder fix.

Coolant sensor bad: jumped right in and bought a sensor but when the light came back on I did some research and discovered the Vic fix. Looks like that needs soldering as well. Someone mentioned that caused poor fuel economy. Mine's terrible. Is there a possible connection?

Fuel filler neck: filled it up and gas was pouring out from the top of the tank. Yay.

Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me...

4.3LXJ
08-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Yes Joel, if the coolant sensor is bad, the engine will run rich and give you crappy milage

BlueXJ
08-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Please explain the Vic fix. I have not heard that before.

crayform
08-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Please explain the Vic fix. I have not heard that before.

I'm on my phone but I'll find the link later. Apparently the solder point crack on the circuit board for the vehicle information computer. Somehow that makes the 'Coolant Sensor Bad' warning come on

crayform
08-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks 4.3! That's an easy fix I'll do today.

bluedragon436
08-29-2013, 10:41 AM
:welcome: to :xjtalk: from Delaware!! Looks like you def have your hands full, but are one the right road to bringing this beast back to life again...