PDA

View Full Version : Ripped It Out Pt3 Drainage

Infidel Edition
07-29-2013, 03:40 PM
OK. So way back in the beginning, I was looking for a valve/drainage system.
I went with the Scupper Valve (Amazon.com: Invincible Marine Cockpit Scupper Valve: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41CFQbwyiqL.@@AMEPARAM@@41CFQbwyiqL for $5.88 /ea). One behind the Driver Seat & One behind the Passenger Seat.
And a 2" drain cover from HomeDepot (for $1.75 /ea).

I chose the plug with the grooves running from front to rear as those are the most likely to provide the best drainage channel.
Here's the pic's:

From inside looking down:

From under looking up:

Now, I just have to sand the surfaces smooth ~ and apply the bedliner to match the rest of the floor.
...not sure if I'm going to leave the cover silver or make it bedliner too.

I'll post a final "Ripped It Out" section once I finish the flooring and side panels.

Infidel Edition
08-15-2013, 02:26 PM
I've discovered that pulling the carpet allows a lot of heat in through the floor!
Uncomfortable through shoes HOT!
But when at Harbor Freight, I found a floor mat with a diamond tread pattern ... like what a cashier would stand on.
Measured 72" x 30" or something like that. I cut it up and made a custom floor cover
I cut a small line on the bottom door side so it folds up and tucks into the door trim piece

I'm gonna pick up a second to clean up the look under the center council
$7.99 ea

89Laredo
08-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Take the doors off. Problem solved, no money spent.
Mine doesn't get super hot inside, even with the doors on.

Infidel Edition
08-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Gonna do the quick release door hing thing maybe next year....
But I still gotta drive in rain and snow

ArmyGuy45
08-16-2013, 12:51 AM
How does that flapper valve work? Is it possible that the rubber might not have its spring or shape in a few years?

Infidel Edition
08-18-2013, 09:58 AM
How does that flapper valve work? Is it possible that the rubber might not have its spring or shape in a few years?

It possible it might wear out over a few years... But they've used scupper valves in boating for years. And at ~$5 with shipping, they're easily replaced.
Basically, it's a rubber flap that only opens 1 way. So liquid can (in my case) flow out but not in. Least not much...
You could mod the flap with a spring made of a paperclip or reenforced with a rubber band.

*I didn't make a new hole... Or expand it. So I can put the plugs back later if the valve doesn't do it for me.
...I also considered a drain plug that I could screw in/out...