PDA

View Full Version : Part out or Sell whole

SeniorGustas
07-18-2013, 01:51 PM
So im leaving to bootcamp in september my plan has already been to sell the jeep before i go, but i keep getting low balled like crazy people offering my $800 and such. I'm thinking i could get more if i were to just part it out. What is your opinions guys? 4 inch lift 32 inch tires 4.10 gears rear locker 4 wheel drive 2 door cb antenna no dents. front stinger with hella 500 ff black magic. everything runs and drives fine 2.5L I4 lots brand new front bucket seat with a perfect rear leather seat. no dents really. Looking to get some of what i put in. I want to but a 96 XJ and build that in a different dirrection when i get back from boot camp!
All opinions! if i do part out i'll post what im selling on here as well.

graverobberjk
07-18-2013, 01:57 PM
$800 is a steal, I would offer more than that out of respect and probably double it. Im looking a a stock '91 and the asking price is $1'000 and its not in near that good a shape. I would try to sell it whole, might take longer to part it out and it sounds like time is of importance. What is your asking price if I may ask?

Brasscatz
07-18-2013, 02:02 PM
It can take a long time to part one out. You might do better to take all your upgrades off of it and keep them for your next Jeep. Then sell the Jeep stock. But I could be wrong too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

graverobberjk
07-18-2013, 02:04 PM
It can take a long time to part one out. You might do better to take all your upgrades off of it and keep them for your next Jeep. Then sell the Jeep stock. But I could be wrong too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

that is actually a better Idea, im regreting selling my last jeep with everything on it, I wanted to get as much as I could and start with a clean slate, but damn am i regreting it now lol

SeniorGustas
07-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Well i had put it on craigslist to trade for a stock cherokee with less miles and prefurable a 4.0 i would sell it but i told people to make cash offers i wasnt hoping to sell it fror less then 2200, i forgot to include that it has a gibson exhaust system from header back

SeniorGustas
07-18-2013, 02:16 PM
But with my new jeep im hoping to go with a 6inch long arm and a cleaner overall look i really want it to look close to this one http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2412/dscf1180t.jpg mines the same color now

Mudderoy
07-18-2013, 02:17 PM
You could probably make the most by parting it out. I mean engine, transmission, etc...

graverobberjk
07-18-2013, 02:18 PM
its a damn nice rig, even if it is a 2.5...with all the work there is no reason it shouldnt take at least 1'800 on the low end....but I agree with brasscatz about taking all your upgrades and selling it stock...every scenario has its pros and cons though

SeniorGustas
07-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Well the only things i would want to keep for my next rig would be the exhaust cat back and probably the lights. so maybe ill go the junk yard and pull a stock cat and such and then just count my losses. is there a prefurable year for the XJ? ive heard rumors that the 2000 and 2001 arent good years, i do like the years where they switched the front clip up i believe it 97 and up?

Mudderoy
07-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Well the only things i would want to keep for my next rig would be the exhaust cat back and probably the lights. so maybe ill go the junk yard and pull a stock cat and such and then just count my losses. is there a prefurable year for the XJ? ive heard rumors that the 2000 and 2001 arent good years, i do like the years where they switched the front clip up i believe it 97 and up?

1999 is widely accepted as the "best" year made.