PDA

View Full Version : Welcome socalchuckster!!!

BlueXJ
07-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi socalchuckster, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

prcjeep
07-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the forum!

1ATony
07-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the site

socalchuckster
08-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...I figure since I finally bought my XJ yesterday it was time for me to stop farting around the forum and actually post an intro.

My name is Chuck and I currently live in the middle of no where in the easternn part of Washington. I am no stranger to Jeeps. I owned a 2008 JK in the past and was single at the time, so like most single guys with extra money do, I spent a lot on my JK. 5.5" RE long arm kit, 35" muds, 5.13 gears, LOD bumpers front and rear, Superwinch EPi9, on-board Co2 air system, and a handfull of tastefull KC lights. Loved that jeep but due to loosing my job I had to sell it in 2010.

Fast forward to now and I am hapily married with a beautiful wife and one year old son. I had a Ford Ranger Edge 2x4 that we outgrew as a family. Sounds like a perfectly good reason to upgrade to an XJ and own a 4x4 Jeep again that the whole family can fit in....right??? :bacondance: Sold my Ranger wayyyy faster than I thought I would (less than a week on Craigslist) for $5500 and thus began the search for my perfect XJ. I wanted a 97-99 XJ with low miles, reasonably "stock" and untouched and most importantly "clean" since it will be a family vehicle on and off road.

I was lucky enough to find an extreemly clean 1999 XJ at a VW dealership, and after a few emails with the internet sales manager he said he would sell it to me for $5500 out the door with all fees. I made the 3 1/2 hour drive there with my family and the XJ is amazing. Yes it has its problems for being a 14 year old vehicle (what car wouldn't???) but I swear some old grandma must have owned this XJ. I can feel very confident that this XJ never went off road with its previous owner. The XJ is a one owner vehicle (now a two owner vehicle :D ) in Chili Pepper Red with 122xxx miles, no accidents, extreemly clean interrior (almost looks new), straight body with brand new tires, NP242, automatic AW4, upper center consoul, power windows/locks, cruise control, aftermarket CD player, and a chrysler 8.25 rear axle :thumbsup:

I was in and out of the dealership in under an hour. My wife and I stopped halfway home so she could drive the XJ the rest of the way home (gotta love my pro-jeep wife). We don't have the finances like we had before when I owned my JK, so this will be a slower build up to what I want the end result to be. But it will be a fun process and I am looking forward to making something trail ready to have fun with on the weekend.

Thanks in advance to everyone on this forum for all the good info and advice:keegirl:

Mudderoy
08-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...I figure since I finally bought my XJ yesterday it was time for me to stop farting around the forum and actually post an intro.

My name is Chuck and I currently live in the middle of no where in the easternn part of Washington. I am no stranger to Jeeps. I owned a 2008 JK in the past and was single at the time, so like most single guys with extra money do, I spent a lot on my JK. 5.5" RE long arm kit, 35" muds, 5.13 gears, LOD bumpers front and rear, Superwinch EPi9, on-board Co2 air system, and a handfull of tastefull KC lights. Loved that jeep but due to loosing my job I had to sell it in 2010.

Fast forward to now and I am hapily married with a beautiful wife and one year old son. I had a Ford Ranger Edge 2x4 that we outgrew as a family. Sounds like a perfectly good reason to upgrade to an XJ and own a 4x4 Jeep again that the whole family can fit in....right??? :bacondance: Sold my Ranger wayyyy faster than I thought I would (less than a week on Craigslist) for $5500 and thus began the search for my perfect XJ. I wanted a 97-99 XJ with low miles, reasonably "stock" and untouched and most importantly "clean" since it will be a family vehicle on and off road.

I was lucky enough to find an extreemly clean 1999 XJ at a VW dealership, and after a few emails with the internet sales manager he said he would sell it to me for $5500 out the door with all fees. I made the 3 1/2 hour drive there with my family and the XJ is amazing. Yes it has its problems for being a 14 year old vehicle (what car wouldn't???) but I swear some old grandma must have owned this XJ. I can feel very confident that this XJ never went off road with its previous owner. The XJ is a one owner vehicle (now a two owner vehicle :D ) in Chili Pepper Red with 122xxx miles, no accidents, extreemly clean interrior (almost looks new), straight body with brand new tires, NP242, automatic AW4, upper center consoul, power windows/locks, cruise control, aftermarket CD player, and a chrysler 8.25 rear axle :thumbsup:

I was in and out of the dealership in under an hour. My wife and I stopped halfway home so she could drive the XJ the rest of the way home (gotta love my pro-jeep wife). We don't have the finances like we had before when I owned my JK, so this will be a slower build up to what I want the end result to be. But it will be a fun process and I am looking forward to making something trail ready to have fun with on the weekend.

Thanks in advance to everyone on this forum for all the good info and advice:keegirl:

Wow a great story. Anxious to see it. :welcome: to :xjtalk:

socalchuckster
08-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Wow a great story. Anxious to see it. :welcome: to :xjtalk:

Ask and you shall recieve. Don't have a lot of pictures now, just the ones the dealer sent me and one I took today as it sits in my driveway....as it should be lol.

XJ Wheeler
08-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Very nice, Chuck! I can tell you that you will be envied by a few here. :D

Welcome to xjtalk, and thanks for the pictures.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.