PDA

View Full Version : Welcome graverobberjk!!!

4.3LXJ
07-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi graverobberjk, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

graverobberjk
07-09-2013, 03:50 PM
thanks for the welcome, I am a military jeeper from the Ft Hood chapter and I came across this site thanks to my Dad. My rig is a 2013 Jk 4 door sport, I havent been able to do much more than tires and rims as of yet, but there are big plans ahead to turn it into a trail beast.

4.3LXJ
07-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome Jon. Looks like we need to add a JK section now too

graverobberjk
07-09-2013, 04:41 PM
you live in chico? if so then im betting that you know mark

4.3LXJ
07-09-2013, 04:46 PM
That I do. I consider him a good friend

graverobberjk
07-09-2013, 04:48 PM
im his oldest son, he is the one that turned me on to this site a while ago. im just now getting around to getting on here

NW99XJ
07-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Well welcome aboard Jon,
You seem to be doing a pretty good job of fitting into chat (lol)
See ya around man!

4.3LXJ
07-09-2013, 05:12 PM
You will have to say hello next time you visit

xj4life2
07-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Welcome son , bout time you got round here !! Yes ladies and gents this is my oldest boy !! A chip off the old block lol lol Thought you were gonna change the name ? I think this one should be called slimer . Like that movie you used to love to watch lol anyway rig looks great keep up the good work , I haven't forgot about the other stuff Bill's just slow may have to just up and get something different for ya. If your gonna do to this one what you did to the black one start a build thread.

XJ Wheeler
07-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Welcome to xjtalk, Jon. Sweet jk, lovin the color. Can we get a pic to drool over, instead of squinting at that little avatar pic. :D If you're anything like you're father you'll be a great addition here. Thanks for joining up.

xj4life2
07-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Hmmm proud Dad time ??? yup The Black one is his first Jeep , of course the Green one is #2. I also am a proud Grandad, his beautiful daughters MY Granddaughters.

cantab27
07-10-2013, 12:27 AM
welcome mate......is that colour from factory ...tis sweet

XJ Wheeler
07-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Good looking jeeps, and family. Lots to be proud of there, Mark.

graverobberjk
07-10-2013, 06:41 AM
lol, grave robber was just the black ones decoration, the black jeeps name was Bettie and the green ones name is Lillie lol. Ill post a build thread as soon as I get the full hang of the site. Thanks dad for posting the pictures, would have taken me a year to figure out just how to accomplish that. Yes the "gecko green" is a factory color and pretty kick ass to boot. I have a lot in store for this one, just have to get the money and time, in true family tradition I do most of my own work and what I dont know I learn. Bettie had a lot of blood and sweat under the hood and Lillie will be no different, I have to get her ready to take over the mountian LMAO

Mudderoy
07-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Hmmm proud Dad time ??? yup The Black one is his first Jeep , of course the Green one is #2. I also am a proud Grandad, his beautiful daughters MY Granddaughters.

How do you like that cargo net? I was thinking about getting one for my wife's TJ. Oh and :welcome: to the site. We have a much less visited {cough} sister site, WranglerTalk.com

graverobberjk
07-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I love my cargo net, even though I think its cursed lol. Every time I put it on there is a freak thunder storm out of nowhere. I really want to ditch my stock soft top and go with a fast back soft top. I like the aggressive look of the fast back.

Mudderoy
07-10-2013, 11:01 AM
I love my cargo net, even though I think its cursed lol. Every time I put it on there is a freak thunder storm out of nowhere. I really want to ditch my stock soft top and go with a fast back soft top. I like the aggressive look of the fast back.

Yep the 03 TJ came with a hard top. The plan was to get a soft top and have he best of both worlds. I bought the Bestop.

It's a nice top. Take off sides and back and has a flip that uncovers the driver passenger area.

graverobberjk
07-10-2013, 11:06 AM
thats a real nice rig. My 2010 had the hard top and it was just too cumbersom to take off the entire thing, so with my 2013 I made sure it was a soft top and I went with the half doors also. Now they just need to come out with the hard plastic half door uppers like the TJ and CJ models had. the zipper windows are a pain at times

Mudderoy
07-10-2013, 11:27 AM
thats a real nice rig. My 2010 had the hard top and it was just too cumbersom to take off the entire thing, so with my 2013 I made sure it was a soft top and I went with the half doors also. Now they just need to come out with the hard plastic half door uppers like the TJ and CJ models had. the zipper windows are a pain at times

Thanks.

I picked up some used once by a elderly lady on a Sunday tube doors from a girl on Craigslist. Trail Ready I think. They are nice.

I got the hard top because my wife didn't like all the noise my XJ made so I just figured that she wouldn't like the TJ if it was noisy too. I know, women!

Well to my shock, she likes the sides and back off on the soft top most of the time. No doors, or tubes is fine by her.

I haven't had the hard top back on in MONTHS!

Just ordered a JCR OFFROAD pre-runner winch bumper for it about a week ago.

graverobberjk
07-10-2013, 11:32 AM
I hear ya, my gf is terrified if I take the doors off so I compromised and got the half doors lol. I usually roll cargo or sides and back off, but lately the weather around here is so unpredictable that I have been keeping it all on.

I have a long wish list of things I want to get this one to surpass my black jeep the XRC stinger front end with winch in first on the list, then the XRC atlas back end and tire swing, but all that takes money lol....its gonna be a slow build, but it will happen

1ATony
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the site