PDA

View Full Version : The women we love, and the things they do

Brasscatz
07-08-2013, 09:26 PM
This could be funny! The girls on here can share stories about their guys too :D

So my wife had asked me to cut a dowel rod for her and I forgot to do it the other night. She calls me the next day at work to ask where my saws were... Yeah right! I told her to be patient and I'd do it when I got home. She texted me later that the kitchen knife worked just fine lol.

Today, I guess she finally decided to put together the new shelf she got for her classroom... I guess she didn't feel like putting the trash away, OR my Allen wrench back in my tool box

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4.3LXJ
07-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Oh the things that would be said in my house over that :D

Carves
07-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Pointy steak knives ... with the tips bent over or snapped off.

Handy for trimming around the bone .. :confused:

Nope .. :bang:

... but the phillips head screws in the saucepan handles are all nice and tight .. :rolleyes:

:D

Mudderoy
07-08-2013, 09:48 PM
This could be funny! The girls on here can share stories about their guys too :D

So my wife had asked me to cut a dowel rod for her and I forgot to do it the other night. She calls me the next day at work to ask where my saws were... Yeah right! I told her to be patient and I'd do it when I got home. She texted me later that the kitchen knife worked just fine lol.

Today, I guess she finally decided to put together the new shelf she got for her classroom... I guess she didn't feel like putting the trash away, OR my Allen wrench back in my tool box

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

I don't know about you, but I can leave it there much longer than my wife can. :smiley-laughing021:

Brasscatz
07-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Oh, I'm not going to touch the stuff :D We'll see how long it takes lol

Brasscatz
07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Well... today was trash day so she collected everything..... and handed it to me to take out this morning lol

xj4life2
07-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Well... today was trash day so she collected everything..... and handed it to me to take out this morning lol

Glad to see you knuckled down and handle that like a man lol lol
Ok so I'da done the same thing and probably earlier, feeling guilty that I wasn't there to help her the first time.

Brasscatz
07-09-2013, 07:58 PM
lol, well the dowel rod is on me for not doing it the night before, but she loves assembling things like that. Especially over the summer when she's off... gives her something to do :D now if only I could teach her to work on my Jeep while I'm at work lol

Dredwolf
07-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I can't complain. I have a tool box for mine, with basic tools, but she prefers a #2 phillips, a plain butter knife, and a hammer as her main tools. (Disclaimer: she makes jewelry, so a kiln, oxy/propane torch, and a bazillion miniature pliers are part of her tools too :rolleye0012:)

My wife was out helping me this past weekend finishing the install the body lift on her 2003 Explorer, wielding a 24" breaker bar breaking the bolts loose while I braced against the frame with the clamping oil filter pliers. Would of had to cut the interior carpet to get an impact in there.

she then swatted my big paws out of the way to wire up the new stereo. :D

Finished product does not look bad at all...Got it up on the ramps because I installed the fuel tank skid tonight, she helped with that too! I can say it turned out this well because she would not let me pick up a BFH when I got frustrated.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b605/dredwolf1/2003%20Explorer%20Modifications/IMG_3006_zps984775fb.jpg

bad luck
07-09-2013, 09:22 PM
That's great that she will help you work on your stuff, John. My wife refuses to help, even if I'm working on her car. Well she will help if I am doing something that really requires two people, but she sure doesn't like it. Are just you and your wife coming out here? Or do you have kids your bringing too?

Dredwolf
07-09-2013, 09:45 PM
That's great that she will help you work on your stuff, John. My wife refuses to help, even if I'm working on her car. Well she will help if I am doing something that really requires two people, but she sure doesn't like it. Are just you and your wife coming out here? Or do you have kids your bringing too?

My 17yr old daughter is currently intending on accompanying my wife and I (because she asked to go with us suddenly, and she is 17, we really could not say no..may be last time for awhile she wants to do anything with mom and dad :( ), but the trip was originally just my wife and I. :rolleyes:

bad luck
07-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Like you said, you had better enjoy her company while you can. I wouldn't like leaving a 17 year old teenager home alone anyway. (Party Time) And I think she will have a good time with you on the trip.

Brasscatz
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Tonight my wife asks me "is your power screw-driver thingy charged up?" You mean my drill? :D

4.3LXJ
07-10-2013, 08:53 PM
One thingy per sentence is OK. But two thingys in the same sentence is some other language

Brasscatz
07-10-2013, 09:06 PM
True, most guys don't like 2 thingy's involved when their wives are involved :D

cpttuna
07-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I know I'm important when my wife comes up and says, "this things needs duck tape or glue so it should be right up your line."