PDA

View Full Version : The good, bad, the ugly:/ the windsheild

Tornado51513
07-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey guys seriously stoked to find the forum, an I'd like to say thanks to all the members for giving everyone the time of day and all the stuff in between!
So I'm as green as the come, I can tinker but I'm no mechanic.
I looking for advice on a 96 cherokee country, we've yanked the windsheild piece by piece after the tornado (an were still cleaning out glass outta the doors) any way out with the old n with the ? New? Salvage? I've defiantly decided plexiglass is not an option! Though with budget I am n a bad bad way:/ so I have to find the absolute best and by far the most cost effective way to complete the windshield ! So thanks again to all that can give this post a little tlc!

4.3LXJ
07-08-2013, 11:10 AM
The last windshield I bought was $135 installed. Check the yellow pages and make those phone calls and get prices. There are guys out there that work out of a pickup and a cell phone that will replace it cheap and professionally

Mudderoy
07-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Hey guys seriously stoked to find the forum, an I'd like to say thanks to all the members for giving everyone the time of day and all the stuff in between!
So I'm as green as the come, I can tinker but I'm no mechanic.
I looking for advice on a 96 cherokee country, we've yanked the windsheild piece by piece after the tornado (an were still cleaning out glass outta the doors) any way out with the old n with the ? New? Salvage? I've defiantly decided plexiglass is not an option! Though with budget I am n a bad bad way:/ so I have to find the absolute best and by far the most cost effective way to complete the windshield ! So thanks again to all that can give this post a little tlc!

The last windshield I bought was $135 installed. Check the yellow pages and make those phone calls and get prices. There are guys out there that work out of a pickup and a cell phone that will replace it cheap and professionally

Yep what Steve said. They may want to charge a little more for a new gasket, but now that the 99's has torn and I need to glue it, it's worth getting the new gasket! :D

Tornado51513
07-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Unreal I haven't been a member for 24hrs any yet my first problem /prayer has been answered! Seriously huge thanks I did what ya suggested an I've got an amigo headed to the house 2maro mornin with a new gasket and windshield installed for $145.00!!!!!!
Thanks guys !

Mudderoy
07-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Unreal I haven't been a member for 24hrs any yet my first problem /prayer has been answered! Seriously huge thanks I did what ya suggested an I've got an amigo headed to the house 2maro mornin with a new gasket and windshield installed for $145.00!!!!!!
Thanks guys !

High praise indeed! Be sure and tell your friends about us, our goal is to either get everyone's members on :xjtalk: for force them to treat their members with respect instead of saying things like "Google search is your friend" or "that question has been asked thousands of times before..."

You might find our podcast fun and informative. http://www.xjtalkshow.com/
http://archive.org/download/Ep.86-XjTalkShow/086-XJ_TALK_SHOW-063013.mp3