PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight Fail

abebehrmann
07-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Wow, really HF?!?! What things should I avoid at HF besides this C-Clamp? What products are good?

Mudderoy
07-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Wow, really HF?!?! What things should I avoid at HF besides this C-Clamp? What products are good?

Reattach it with some duct tape and take it back to them. :smiley-laughing021:

4.3LXJ
07-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Harbor Freight is someplace I avoid, with rare exceptions, for tools just because of stuff like this. It is cheaply made Chinese knockoffs. For instance, I was putting a 4" lift on my son's TJ a few weeks ago and had a stubborn rusted bolt. The Impact wouldn't budge it. I got my long ratchet and a deep socket on it and put a couple of hundred pounds of push on it from underneath and it slowly came off. Their Crafstman doesn't object to replacing them for free.

XJ Wheeler
07-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Some things i cringe at when i'm there but some are good. I have had a 4" angle grinder from them for several years and never had a problem. I've used it for ever metal project on my jeep and Bronco II and still going strong. I do wish it was a 4 1/2" because 4" wheels are harder to come by.

Mountain Goat
07-04-2013, 10:33 PM

China = junk

nickyg
07-04-2013, 10:55 PM
HF has a pretty good return policy, I backed over a level (don't ask) and they took it back with no questions. I buy craftsman when I can and go to HF and northern when I'm in a pinch.