PDA

View Full Version : How to on window lock switch replacement/repair?

ArmyGuy45
07-04-2013, 09:26 AM
I saw a post that 4.3L posted up but its not for my interior and mine is for a difference switch. I think my window lock button has a broken connection or just doesnt work any more since none of my windows work from any other seat but the drivers seat. Is there a 'How to' article on how to do this with the 98+ interior?

4.3LXJ
07-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Matt, that is caused by the window lock button being broken. To fix that, the easiest thing to do is take the two wires off that part of the switch and connect them together. It bypasses the switch. The only down side is that you cannot lock them out.

ArmyGuy45
07-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Matt, that is caused by the window lock button being broken. To fix that, the easiest thing to do is take the two wires off that part of the switch and connect them together. It bypasses the switch. The only down side is that you cannot lock them out.

With kids I would rather the button work, so maybe for now, ill wait to fix it. Thanks for the tip.

bad luck
07-20-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm going to have to do this to mine, I'm guessing that this is a common problem?

4.3LXJ
07-20-2013, 09:36 AM
It seems to be on the 00 - 01. I believe we have an article on here someplace on repairing it. IIRC he did a little soldering to fix it

ArmyGuy45
07-20-2013, 09:41 AM
It seems to be on the 00 - 01. I believe we have an article on here someplace on repairing it. IIRC he did a little soldering to fix it

Soldering I can do no problem I was just looking for the safe way to take it apart without breaking any clips.