PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Cherokee sites being purchased...

Mudderoy
07-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I know we've discussed this on the podcast (XJ TALK SHOW!) and believe it was a post here.

Well recently I received a message about CherokeeTalk no longer supporting TapATalk! The reason? Well Autoguide (the company that bought that site) is rolling out their own mobile app. Sounds fine right? Well the reason is so they can show ads!

Yes right now if you are browsing :xjtalk: via your mobile phone and you are using TapATalk you are ad free! You'll no longer have either the ability to use TapATalk to visit CherokeeTalk, and you'll no longer be ad free when you use their app.

Again I don't begrudge any company from making money. What little we receive through ad revenue helps pay for the Internet bandwidth we use for this site. If you could though, please visit our site from time to time on a PC or MAC and have a look at our ads. :D

If you feel really bad about it you can become a SUPER "subscribing" MEMBER! :bacondance:

Just check out the STORE on the navigation bar. No monetary support is necessary of course!

prcjeep
07-03-2013, 02:13 PM
so... i usually use a computer rather than my phone to view xjtalk... will it help if i click on the ads a few times a day? I didnt want to pay for tapatalk so my mobile forum usage is low.

4.3LXJ
07-03-2013, 02:44 PM
If you read their new forum rule closely, you will see that if you use their tapatalk and don't want popups, then you pay $10 monthly. A new way to rip you off

Mudderoy
07-03-2013, 02:48 PM
If you read their new forum rule closely, you will see that if you use their tapatalk and don't want popups, then you pay $10 monthly. A new way to rip you off

Maybe I'm just cheap, but I don't think SAT radio is worth $10 a month! You mean people will actually pay $10 for no ad access to a Jeep Cherokee website?!?!?!?!

:crazy:

4.3LXJ
07-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I think that is the plan

XJ Wheeler
07-03-2013, 06:04 PM
You mean people will actually pay $10 for no ad access to a Jeep Cherokee website?!?!?!?!

:crazy:

I think the answer to that is... no. And if they do i bet they'd pay me a service fee for jeep advice. :D

Mudderoy
07-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I think the answer to that is... no. And if they do i bet they'd pay me a service fee for jeep advice. :D

Actually that would make better sense. Paid experts on the site to answer member's questions. Now there's a business model! :bang:

XJ Wheeler
07-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Actually that would make better sense. Paid experts on the site to answer member's questions. Now there's a business model! :bang:

Lol... Got a motto for it. "All for one, one for one."

Brasscatz
07-03-2013, 09:23 PM
so... i usually use a computer rather than my phone to view xjtalk... will it help if i click on the ads a few times a day? I didnt want to pay for tapatalk so my mobile forum usage is low.

I think the Google sponsored ads only generate revenue if they receive "clicks". But you missed it a little while ago when TapATalk was free on Amazon App store... that's the only reason I have it and I owe it to one of the members on here :D next time I see you I'll log into my account on your phone and see if we can get it for you.

cantab27
07-03-2013, 09:27 PM
man i got this one sold to people in Nigeria ............

nickyg
07-04-2013, 02:44 AM

Yea that might work for a lil while, Then some bean counter will out source it to somewhere in India. The upside will be I can get tech support or my PC, Jeep and dishwasher all in 1 phone call.

Mudderoy
07-04-2013, 06:41 AM
I mean I understand why this company is buying websites. Google AdSense is great and if you had 30 sites all making $500 a month in revenue that would be $15k a month. Not to mention free moderators, but I bet the have to pay the admins.

I just don't think they know how cheap Jeep people are! :smiley-laughing021:

I know I am, I'll spend it on the Jeep but I have something to show for my money, plus I spend it once and not monthly.