PDA

View Full Version : Whats this part?

bcrosson92
07-03-2013, 08:40 AM
there's this rubber flex line that hangs right by the front diff. it is tied in with the tranny lines and is barely long enough to reach the diff. its by the upstream o2 sensor by the header. I'll put a picture up later.

Mudderoy
07-03-2013, 09:24 AM
there's this rubber flex line that hangs right by the front diff. it is tied in with the tranny lines and is barely long enough to reach the diff. its by the upstream o2 sensor by the header. I'll put a picture up later.

rubber tubing that is connected to the diff? If so, that's the vent host for the diff. It runs up into the engine compartment so when you go through water etc. the diff can breath but not have water get in there.

bcrosson92
07-03-2013, 07:42 PM
I don't think so tony. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

DarrellXJ
07-09-2013, 11:28 AM
What about the picture??

xj4life2
07-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Easy way to tell is follow the line up and see where it goes, If it has a little black thing on top its the vent. Should be wired tied to the radiator by the electric fan. If its not the vent and your diff has no tube on it you need one to keep water and elements out of the front diff. I'm sure if you just follow it up the answer will be there. If its following the lines off the trans it could be a vac source for the 4wd shift on the TC or going to the disconnect on the front axle. Those should be the only vac lines in that area that I can think of. Good luck

bcrosson92
07-11-2013, 06:43 AM
sorry the picture is coming. i got busy.