PDA

View Full Version : Power door lock issues

XJStrong
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Hey there, I joined to find out about working on my 2001 Cherokee Sport. We bought it a couple of months ago and just ordered a lift kit wheels and tires. we're very excited and ready to go! One question though. our power door locks don't work and the passenger side control module is hot around the relays. any thoughts?

Brasscatz
06-28-2013, 10:22 AM
To be honest, I'm not an electrical genius like some of the guys we have on here, but I'm leaning towards a short in the wiring for the locks. Also, check all your fuses and make sure they are still good. One question, what do you mean by "relays"? Are you talking about under the hood relays or under the switch panel on the door?

4.3LXJ
06-28-2013, 10:59 AM
As far as the power locks go, on the 01 the lockout switch fails. You just need to clip the wires and connect them together. As far as the heat goes, just something you might need to watch. If you don't have any failures, then just see what happens

XJStrong
07-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Hey, thanks for your input. It seems that the relays in the passenger side switch module were stuck. this caused the warm feeling in the module. I disconnected the switch assembly and tapped on the relays. reconnected them and checked it out. locks worked fine. I will wait and see if this is going to stay this way or if they will stick again. So far so good.