PDA

View Full Version : Key-less Entry

matchframe
06-18-2013, 11:41 AM
My daughter is in Japan for the summer. While she is away, I want to surprise her with a key-less entry system for Kermit. What is a good, in-expensive key-less entry system for a '97 XJ?

Thanks!!

bluedragon436
06-18-2013, 11:47 AM
If you're just going to do keyless only... you could probably find a factory setup to install in there... Otherwise I'd say talk to either your local Best Buy or car audio shop and tell them what you are looking for... I ended up picking up the factory circuit card and two remotes for $35 shipped to me from a member of one of the Jeep forums I'm on... since he was parting his out... Just a thought... But I was thinking about going to Best Buy and picking up a keyless entry setup through them prior to me finding that deal... and have been thinking about going up there lately and doing a keyless entry and remote start setup... that way I don't have to worry about the snowed/iced over windows and cold during the winter... But not a big rush on that since my head don't work anyways right now... LOL

Mudderoy
06-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I put in a super jam up alarm system that was about $170. Came with a remote with a LCD display, etc...

If "Kermit" already has power locks etc... You could just install an alarm system and you have twice the surprise to share.

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/products/FM-8701.jpg

:link: (http://www.commandocaralarms.com/itemdetails.asp?ProductID=496)

They don't sell this model any longer but they do have others.

matchframe
06-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Kermit does have power locks. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

I will update what I get and how the install goes.

bluedragon436
06-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Look forward to seeing what you get and how the install goes... Might have to look into the current version available of that unit you listed Tony... as I have been contemplating upgrading my stock keyless entry and throwing in some remote start at the same time...