PDA

View Full Version : Allergies...

ArmyGuy45
06-05-2013, 11:09 PM
So who here gets allergies? I was born in a desert where everything is brown or black, so when I live in a place that is green (Germany) my eyes turn red and I get really congested in the Spring. Anyone here have any tricks to keeping allergies to a minimum? I feel like I want to rip my eyeballs out!!!

nateyz2000
06-05-2013, 11:57 PM
So who here gets allergies? I was born in a desert where everything is brown or black, so when I live in a place that is green (Germany) my eyes turn red and I get really congested in the Spring. Anyone here have any tricks to keeping allergies to a minimum? I feel like I want to rip my eyeballs out!!!

Lol... Lots of allergy meds... I like the nasal spray... It works best for me...

Hum Wee JR
06-06-2013, 12:51 AM
I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains, every may we have a 2 to 3 week period when everything outside turns yellow from pollen. Your car, the road, the sidewalks, everything is yellow. The car washes turn into ghost towns. If you wash your car its yellow again the next morning. If you suffer from allergies its pure misery. One of the tricks all the locals swear by, is to eat a table spoon of local honey a day containing local pollen. Supposedly it helps build your immunity to local airborne pollen. I have no real proof that it works, but that is what i have been told by others. It's worth a try and you get a tastey treat.

BlackYeti
06-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Ahhhh-chooooo!

4.3LXJ
06-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Eating local bee pollen, which can be purchased, is supposed to help

gary63
06-06-2013, 09:12 PM
yes it work but it takes alittle time and you want honey from a bee keeper and not the store.

Hum Wee JR
06-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Yes. You want raw honey not the pasturized stuff in sold in stores. When they pasturize the honey to keep it from crystalizing, it cooks some of the good stuff out of it.

prerunner1982
06-06-2013, 11:53 PM
After I mow the grass, I sneeze my ass off for 2 days. My middle daughter has allergy induced asthma. After is rains she coughs horribly all night. Has since she was 18 months old or so, 5yrs old now. She takes breathing treatments and from a young age could tell us when she needed it and could almost do it all herself.

BlackYeti
06-07-2013, 12:13 AM
I wonder if I ate a small bit of grass a day if it might help.

Have any of you guys taken the allergy prick test?

prerunner1982
06-07-2013, 12:20 AM
My middle daughter did the blood allergy test and it all came back negative, but something certainly causes her flair ups. Just not sure what but will live with it.

Mudderoy
06-07-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm not a beer drinker so this may not work but I'm surprised one of you enterprising men hasn't come up with the idea of using the local flora and fauna to make some sort of alcoholic concoction and say you have to drink it to get over your allergies!

A truly devious man would talk his wife into drinking it as well. :rolleye0012:

ArmyGuy45
06-07-2013, 02:53 AM
My wife has given me some local raw honey with cinnamon and a few drops of lavender. Seems to be helping.

I hate GREEEENNNNN!!!:bang:

gary63
06-07-2013, 07:41 AM
something can do is when cutting grass you have to have a sharp blade and a mulching mower no bag and it dosen't through out the side or back.Then just wet the grass or water the day before good.then mow right after use a salin spray (ocean) and flush out your nose.My sister has allergies that is what she has to do or she is down for 2days.

Paddletrucker
06-08-2013, 11:16 AM
I wonder if I ate a small bit of grass a day if it might help.

Have any of you guys taken the allergy prick test?

I think you're supposed to smoke local grass. That's what I was always told in high school, I think. If I remember. :D

Prick test? Yes. I think I passed because when I'm sneezing, red eyed, and miserable and cranky as all get out, that's what my wife calls me.

Hum Wee JR
06-08-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm not a beer drinker so this may not work but I'm surprised one of you enterprising men hasn't come up with the idea of using the local flora and fauna to make some sort of alcoholic concoction and say you have to drink it to get over your allergies!

A truly devious man would talk his wife into drinking it as well. :rolleye0012:
Dandelion wine tastes terrible and is low in alcohol content.
However
one gallon of honey
One gallon of fruit, aprox 12 pounds
three gallons of water
Some pectic enzyme
Yeast nutrient
White labs-sweet mead yeast
A few fermentation techniques and some time and you have a yummy treat.