PDA

View Full Version : Which 3.5" long arm lift?

XJMikey
06-03-2013, 07:10 PM
I want a LOG with long arms setup on my daily driver/weekend trail rig. The best of both worlds looks to be a 3.5" long arm lift, but my problem is I can't decide between the Full Traction or TnT Customs Rock-Tek system.

Build info: I am going to run 33x10.5R15 BFG M/T on 1.5" spaced out factory steel wheels. My front fenders are trimmed to the outside of the stock flares and my rears are cut n' folded (I am considering completely cutting out the body line and having the panel re-welded together).

The two systems:

Full Traction 3.5" Long Arm System - http://www.full-traction.com/products-page/xj-jeep-products/jeep-xj-3-5-long-arm-suspension-system/
Full Traction Crossmember/T-Case Skid (makes system equally equipped) - http://www.quadratec.com/products/52301_505.htm

TnT Customs Rock-Tek 3.5" Long Arm System - http://www.tntcustoms.com/rock-tek/3.5/suspension_solution/Jeep_Cherokee_XJ.aspx

So... which system would y'all suggest?

4.3LXJ
06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
The full traction system is a better full four link system. I would go for that. But beware I did not see brake lines included

XJMikey
06-03-2013, 07:26 PM
The full traction system is a better full four link system. I would go for that. But beware I did not see brake lines included

They're in between the controls on the right side.

I didn't even think of that when comparing them. I'll add it to my list. Can't wait to have the money saved for it!

Thanks for the help and super fast reply.

07Negative
06-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I have the TNT kit. I like it. You can't beat the belly pan. It's wicked heavy if you're doing the install yourself like I did. Customer service has been great with TNT Customs. I've got quite a few things from them. The only thing that was a problem was the T-Case skid, but they mailed me a new one with no questions.

XJMikey
06-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I have the TNT kit. I like it. You can't beat the belly pan. It's wicked heavy if you're doing the install yourself like I did. Customer service has been great with TNT Customs. I've got quite a few things from them. The only thing that was a problem was the T-Case skid, but they mailed me a new one with no questions.

I have been tossing around the pros and cons of both lifts for a while now. There is about a $300 - $500 difference between them, which will most likely leave me buying the full traction system instead of the TNT system.

07Negative
06-08-2013, 12:00 PM
I was really hesitant with the TNT kit. No around me had one or experience. So its a stab in the dark really. TNT is not shy to charge a grip load for their work, no question there. They are technically 2 different styles. And of course it all depends on your driving style and terrain. The TNT has better clearance.
My personal usage is road trips that usually end up off road. This Jeep has seen the midwest to the west. Most of it on a short arm kit. But I frequent the Rubicon b/c it's so close to me. I think TNT is using RE leaf packs and coils. After switching out my Rusty's 4.5" kit. I went with Clayton leafs and coils. Way better ride. The only mistake I made was FOX shocks. Do not get them (at least that's my opinion). The Bilsteins should ride far smoother.

XJMikey
06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I was really hesitant with the TNT kit. No around me had one or experience. So its a stab in the dark really. TNT is not shy to charge a grip load for their work, no question there. They are technically 2 different styles. And of course it all depends on your driving style and terrain. The TNT has better clearance.
My personal usage is road trips that usually end up off road. This Jeep has seen the midwest to the west. Most of it on a short arm kit. But I frequent the Rubicon b/c it's so close to me. I think TNT is using RE leaf packs and coils. After switching out my Rusty's 4.5" kit. I went with Clayton leafs and coils. Way better ride. The only mistake I made was FOX shocks. Do not get them (at least that's my opinion). The Bilsteins should ride far smoother.

I'm still on the fence. But I appreciate the information. It helps weighing out my options.