PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new here.

Andrew XJ
05-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Hi I'm Andrew I just want to say hello and meet some new people. I have a 1999 Jeep cherokee (XJ) 4X4 4.0L auto. I have wanted a cherokee since I was eight and I finally got my very own and I love it. I haven't upgraded it yet but will soon, 3" Rough Country lift & 31's. Hope to do some wheeling soon.

bluedragon436
05-27-2013, 01:06 AM
:welcome: to :xjtalk: from Delaware!! Wish I still lived down in SC to be able to enjoy the wheeling opportunities down there!! :welcome: to the addiction that is Jeep!!

4.3LXJ
05-27-2013, 01:09 AM
Welcome to the forum Andrew. What part of the country are you from?

Andrew XJ
05-27-2013, 01:55 AM
South Carolina. Born and raised good ol country boy.

Mudderoy
05-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi I'm Andrew I just want to say hello and meet some new people. I have a 1999 Jeep cherokee (XJ) 4X4 4.0L auto. I have wanted a cherokee since I was eight and I finally got my very own and I love it. I haven't upgraded it yet but will soon, 3" Rough Country lift & 31's. Hope to do some wheeling soon.

Wow, since you were 8. What happened to make you decide on a vehicle at that young of an age?

Brasscatz
05-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Hello and welcome! Nice lookin Jeep ya got there!

Andrew XJ
05-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Wow, since you were 8. What happened to make you decide on a vehicle at that young of an age?
I'm not really sure, but I have always been drawn to jeeps. Plus my brothers friend had a cherokee with over 400,000 miles on it so I have proof that the 4.0 is a beast!

XJ Wheeler
05-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Hey Andrew, welcome to xjtalk. Great you finally got one, that's a long time to wait. I don't know what SC has to offer but what kind of wheeling are you planning on?

Andrew XJ
05-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Hey Andrew, welcome to xjtalk. Great you finally got one, that's a long time to wait. I don't know what SC has to offer but what kind of wheeling are you planning on?
rock crawling and trail riding, I prefer to stay away from mud only because I have seen the damage mud causes to bearings and axles. I love the sand though, lots of sand trails around here.

XJ Wheeler
05-28-2013, 02:42 AM
rock crawling and trail riding, I prefer to stay away from mud only because I have seen the damage mud causes to bearings and axles. I love the sand though, lots of sand trails around here.

Nice and diverse. Great to have all that near.

I'm not really a big mud guy either, but that's mainly what's around here. A little ways we got hills though.

Andrew XJ
05-28-2013, 02:56 AM
''The Cherokee Syndrome. There is no cure, no antidote. The good thing is most with the Cherokee Syndrome come out living a more adventurous life, with a few bumps and bruises along the way. Don't worry when it hits you, you'll be speaking a new language (wheeler), adding and modifying things you don't even know their names, and meeting all these peculiar people that have an odd fascination with dirt.''

Xj Wheeler that^ is the best paragraph I've ever read.

XJ Wheeler
05-28-2013, 03:10 AM
''The Cherokee Syndrome. There is no cure, no antidote. The good thing is most with the Cherokee Syndrome come out living a more adventurous life, with a few bumps and bruises along the way. Don't worry when it hits you, you'll be speaking a new language (wheeler), adding and modifying things you don't even know their names, and meeting all these peculiar people that have an odd fascination with dirt.''

Xj Wheeler that^ is the best paragraph I've ever read.

Lol, thanks. I thought of that kinda as a joke for a new member and chose to put it in my sig. Its true at least. :D

4.3LXJ
05-28-2013, 10:51 AM
No, it is all true. It is what you do when you "Get a life"

nickyg
05-28-2013, 11:11 AM
It's great to see another "red jeep ownin' Carolina boy" on here. Which end of the state are you on.

Andrew XJ
05-29-2013, 11:02 PM
It's great to see another "red jeep ownin' Carolina boy" on here. Which end of the state are you on.
North Augusta right on the Georgia Carolina border. Where are you at?

Dredwolf
05-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Welcome Andrew, nice to see the state represented.