PDA

View Full Version : Doing upgrades to my 95 xj

TANGOTX
05-19-2013, 01:27 PM
New here but making some simple and not so simple upgrades to my lil cherry XJ. Going thru some frustrations that maybe I can shed light on for the simple changes

4.3LXJ
05-19-2013, 01:41 PM
OK, post away

TANGOTX
05-19-2013, 03:10 PM
I have already changed head lights to IPF units with fat boy bulbs, + upgrade wiring harness, works great. I have started to replace the dash lights with LED's and found a helpful chart but I don't know how to post pictures yet

TANGOTX
05-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Today upgrading the coil, wires and cap...coil is MSD part # 8228
using Accel cap # 120330 great quality
using Blue streak FD316 rotor...excellent fit
spark plugs Bosch Platinum+4
wires MSD super conductors

One note: if changing the coil, do not try to remove just the coil with the 2 small bolts, remove the entire bracket that has grounds wires attached. Replace the coil while outside the vehicle and them replace. The engineers saw fit to attach the coil with small bolts and nuts on the back side which you can not reach. Take the whole bracket off for your hands and mental sake....

Brasscatz
05-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Hello and welcome from Houston! You can upload pictures by using photobucket and pasting the image link in your post, or you can click the "Go Advanced" button and click the paper clip/attachments and upload straight from your computer.

Mudderoy
05-20-2013, 05:23 AM
I have already changed head lights to IPF units with fat boy bulbs, + upgrade wiring harness, works great. I have started to replace the dash lights with LED's and found a helpful chart but I don't know how to post pictures yet

There really is no EASY way to post pictures. When you open a post you'll see a series of icons above the area you write in. If you click on the paperclip it will open a window that will allow you to browse your computer for pictures and upload them to the site.

Once you have them uploaded clicking on that paperclip again will list them. If you click on one of them it will insert a string into your post. Something like 123 The number changes.

Then you can click on the [Preview] button to see what your post will look like.

XJ Wheeler
05-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Another way, that i like because its pretty easy, is Tapatalk. Its an app, that costs $3 i believe. Xjtalk is on there and uploading a pic is super easy.

nikonfan
05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Tapatalk is free on amazon appstore today.

sent from my Hopped up Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Brasscatz
05-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Tapatalk is free on amazon appstore today.

sent from my Hopped up Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Sweet! Thanks! I've always just used the browser on my phone because I'm a cheap ass and refuse to pay for apps.... got it now :D

XjJeepacorn
05-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Oh !!! That means you guys can all become members of Jeepacornforum.com now! :)