PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Jeep Wave??

MrJefe
05-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Ive been wondering this lately more and more and wanted to poll my fellow :xjtalk: members.

The iconic, respectful and mutual love for Jeeps wave greeting that has been exchanged between Jeep owners for years is dying away.

At least in my neck of the woods, I have noticed a bit of an internal Jeep rivalry amongst owners to the point where the traditional wave or two finger peace sign isnt even rendered. Hmmmm

Is it model specific....XJs to XJs / JK to JK / TJ to TJ...ect ?

Ive owned and driven Tjs, XJs and CJs over the years and I wave to every Jeep owners - even with slight modifications.

Have I been incorrect all this time? Or is the wave becoming extinct?

Would love to hear back from you guys and gals to see what your thoughts are.

Mudderoy
05-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Ive been wondering this lately more and more and wanted to poll my fellow :xjtalk: members.

The iconic, respectful and mutual love for Jeeps wave greeting that has been exchanged between Jeep owners for years is dying away.

At least in my neck of the woods, I have noticed a bit of an internal Jeep rivalry amongst owners to the point where the traditional wave or two finger peace sign isnt even rendered. Hmmmm

Is it model specific....XJs to XJs / JK to JK / TJ to TJ...ect ?

Ive owned and driven Tjs, XJs and CJs over the years and I wave to every Jeep owners - even with slight modifications.

Have I been incorrect all this time? Or is the wave becoming extinct?

Would love to hear back from you guys and gals to see what your thoughts are.

It's been replaced by the Jeep flash! ;)

http://youtu.be/pZBgjAxwFPI

XJ Wheeler
05-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Just got waves from two different wranglers in a xj the other day. :D But yes, it doesn't seem to be happening as much anymore. I kinda think it has to do with the introduction of the 4door JK. Non "jeep people" bought them because it was a convertible suv, and don't have the "jeep thing" so they don't know the rules. :p

Mudderoy
05-18-2013, 06:45 PM
I think the biggest problem with the Jeep wave, at least for me, I don't think about it.

I have got better about being ready in time for them to see me wave back.

I seem to get a lot of wave, but I think that has to do with the front bumper and lights. It's REALLY easy to tell I'm in a modified Jeep from a good ways away.

I think that's part of the Jeep wave rule. Jeep waves for modified Jeeps.