PDA

View Full Version : Real Cold Air Intake for the XJ

Fit4Duty
05-17-2013, 07:35 PM
I heard that AIRAID is considering doing an MXP Series Cold Air Box Intake System for the Jeep Cherokee XJ. It would be much like the MXP system they currently make for the 12-13 JK, 07-11 JK and 2005-2012 Tacoma, 4Runner, & FJ Cruiser.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/919602_192732587545994_525334765_o.jpg

What do you think? Should AIRAID make an MXP Series Intake for the XJ?

I created a poll on my XJ Facebook page FT4DT to see how many people might be interested.

https://www.facebook.com/FT4DT

Please vote on my page and like it too.. I am positive that there is at least one person at AIRAID that checks out my page frequently.

ArmyGuy45
05-18-2013, 01:20 AM
If it really works, then ok. Though location of the box would be a biggy, since your corner could dip down when crossing water.

bluedragon436
05-18-2013, 01:30 AM
I can guarantee you that they will put it in the stock box location... I think something like this would work great for a standard street driven XJ or a trail/rock XJ that doesn't see too much deep mud or water crossings!! I think I'll stick with a snorkel or even better a cowl intake!!

Fit4Duty
05-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I can guarantee you that they will put it in the stock box location... I think something like this would work great for a standard street driven XJ or a trail/rock XJ that doesn't see too much deep mud or water crossings!! I think I'll stick with a snorkel or even better a cowl intake!!

I like the idea of the SPECTRE Cowl intake system. Gives you air intake from outside the hood, in a higher location for water crossings and it frees up the area where the stock filter box is located for other tasks. Maybe put a second battery in that location or onboard air. Either way, very good idea.

I would hope that AIRAID would think "Outside The Box" so to speak and come up with something unique and cool to meet the needs of offroad community.