PDA

View Full Version : Tranny issue

bcrosson92
05-15-2013, 06:26 AM
i had the tranny relpaced with a new used one because i burned the original up after smashing the lins on the trail. the new one is full on fluid but still shifts like its low. that hesitation then a kick in the ass. its around 2000rpms. the shop that did it says its not leaking on the tranny and its full. so what could it be? i dont mess with trannys because its more then i wanna get into. thats why i had them put it in.

Carves
05-15-2013, 06:33 AM
I'm guessing the kickdown cable could do with an adjustment ??

Easy D.I.Y. job.

Someone with a similiar model to yours, should be able to help describe the process.

bcrosson92
05-15-2013, 06:34 AM
ok ill look for that.

LizardRunner
05-15-2013, 08:13 AM
You might want to check the torque converter, could be that it's a 2000 rpm stall. I had an automatic trannied street/drag car once that we had a 3500 stall TC in for hard launches.

bcrosson92
05-15-2013, 08:42 AM
i just looked and i forgot to reconnect the cable on the top of the throttle body after i removed it to replace the valve cover gasket. we will see if that was it here in an hour when i drive to work from school. wont be able to post back till like 1am when i get off work. Do you think that would be what it was? the cable in the top of the throttle body. i drove it with out it connected so not the one to the pedal. i just forget what its called right now.

Brasscatz
05-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Yes, that could be the problem for sure. You'll probably want to adjust it though. I know there's a video on youtube on how to do it, but I don't remember if I posted it up in here or not. I'll take a quick look. I know I posted it on the xjtalk social media

Brasscatz
05-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Ok, I can't see the video because youtube is blocked here at work, but this should be the proper procedure. I know it says grand cherokee, but the setup and process should be close to the same on your '90 xj.

http://youtu.be/TH4UV2HrD1w

bcrosson92
05-15-2013, 11:40 PM
yup that's all it was a loose cable. I only took it back to the shop cause its under warranty