PDA

View Full Version : False Advertising

XJ Wheeler
05-11-2013, 03:22 AM
A women in Virginia seems to have taken it upon herself to waste thousands of dollars on putting up billboards to, i guess, manipulate a stirring of people about the "dangerous Jeep" Cherokees so they are recalled for their exploding fuel tanks. Well, you can read the story but i don't see how any of her "theories" are just as the majority of vehicles have the fuel tank in the rear. :crazy:

http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2013/05/billboards-depicting-fiery-crash-ask-for-jeep-cherokee-recall.php

bluedragon436
05-11-2013, 03:46 AM
I tell you what.... I find a 2004 Cherokee... I'll demand Jeep recall it for any issues!! Hell I think if I find an 04 Cherokee... they'd probably fix it for free anyways... as it would be limited edition!! But that being said... I've seen plenty of XJ's in the JY that have been rear ended pretty decently and they weren't burned out or anything like that... didn't look to see if the tanks were still in tact, but they were def not burned or anything... Some people just go too far with things... I'm sure that if any vehicle honestly had been rear ended by a semi while completely stopped, could possibly end in the same exact result!!

gary63
05-11-2013, 09:04 AM
I would rather be in a cherokee than in alot of the new plastic auto that are reling on a air bag that will only go off one time and you are screwed on the hits after the first hit.as for a 2004 cherokee overseas was calling the liberty a cherokee.I wander what she drives?That is like C.R. doing a roadtest and saying that all suv are not safe becouse they can,t run the slolom coirs as fast as a porch or fararri.

Brasscatz
05-11-2013, 02:54 PM
The article says "Cherokee", but the lady's site does say GRAND Cherokee... (very annoying when people don't know the difference lol). I feel for her loss, but to be quite honest, the chances of ANY vehicle catching fire due to a semi rear-ending it at highway speed are higher. Not only fire, but just the impact alone can be fatal in ANY vehicle. I understand her pain, I almost lost my father in a wreck and I wish that on nobody... but she needs to put the blame where it belongs. She believes so deeply in her cause that she's spending thousands of her own money on this, and that's admirable, but unfortunately misguided. Kind of how Red Light Cameras are supposed to "decrease accidents", when in fact they increased accidents due to people slamming on their brakes trying to avoid a citation that's illegal anyway.

XJ Wheeler
05-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah, its like someone shooting someone else and them saying they started bleeding because their skin was thin. They got hit. by. a. TRUCK. At a dead stop.

She didn't have a loss, just witnessed the accident. Although i'm sure that was terrible enough.

I didn't go to her site so i hadn't seem the GRAND cherokee part. When will people learn. lol

Metlic53
05-14-2013, 05:13 PM
That lady is being dumb, i mean i just saw a 2001 chevy silverado go up in flames while driving down the freeway and burned completely up. Now Are we gonna go post billboards about how chevy's aren't safe for families to drive because it wasn't even involved in a wreck?....WOW

LizardRunner
05-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Silly Knee Jerk reactions abound. If that PT Cruiser she was in with her dad had been hit instead of the jeep, she would have been the one burned up. The average human seems to always be willing to show the world just how little they actually use their brains.