PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my fender liner after trim?

XJMikey
05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Sorry if this is a repost. Searching on my phone isn't working out.

Anyways... after I cut and fold the front fender, how do I go about keeping my liner? I've read about using pool noodles and spray foam, but I would like to keep the ability to remove the liner as needed.

Thanks for any help.

XJ Wheeler
05-06-2013, 11:25 PM
I don't think it will, but mine weren't in good enough shape to try. You might could cut it up to fit.

bigjim350
05-06-2013, 11:36 PM
There isnt a way to remount it that i know of. The piece your cutting is the flange that the liner screws to.

bulrid8
05-06-2013, 11:53 PM
I had thought about this too. How about doing an actual cut and fold on front. if you trim the liner right, you could hold it in place with the folded over metal?

I don't if it will hold it ok. Just a thought.

XJMikey
05-07-2013, 06:44 AM
I had thought about this too. How about doing an actual cut and fold on front. if you trim the liner right, you could hold it in place with the folded over metal?

I don't if it will hold it ok. Just a thought.

I was going to cut n fold the front for strength reasons... I'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work I'll use the pool noodle method.

Thanks for the help y'all.

ArmyGuy45
05-07-2013, 06:46 AM
I was going to cut n fold the front for strength reasons... I'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work I'll use the pool noodle method.

Thanks for the help y'all.

Write up when you do.

XJMikey
05-10-2013, 06:31 AM
So I played with the liner after trimming above the body line. If I was able to weld, the liner could be kept by makes a lip for it to built to.