PDA

View Full Version : CPS sensor

illuminator
05-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Hello, my cps sensor has decided it's time to get replaced. I'm wanting to get a good replacement so I don't have to do this more than once, what's a good brand of cps sensors to go with? Thanks

bluedragon436
05-05-2013, 11:35 PM
I don't know if there is so much a better brand than another for the CPS... It is a common issue with the 4.0 engine... Honestly the best thing is to go ahead and replace the one you got, try and route the wiring away from the exhaust as much as you can, as from what I've read that is kind of what causes it to wear out faster than it really should... and when you can afford too, pick up a spare to keep with you in the event it happens again!!

olds-cool
05-06-2013, 10:03 PM
In my experience with any Chrysler vehicle, when it comes to the crank & cam sensors, Chrysler parts are the best. That means paying a little more to get them from the stealership. I hate paying the higher prices as much as the next guy but nobody seems to make one that lasts as long. I've known plenty of guys, including myself, who went the cheap route and 2 months later, they were walking into the stealership to get a good one because their vehicle was on the side of the road somewhere.

ArmyGuy45
05-07-2013, 07:05 AM
In my experience with any Chrysler vehicle, when it comes to the crank & cam sensors, Chrysler parts are the best. That means paying a little more to get them from the stealership. I hate paying the higher prices as much as the next guy but nobody seems to make one that lasts as long. I've known plenty of guys, including myself, who went the cheap route and 2 months later, they were walking into the stealership to get a good one because their vehicle was on the side of the road somewhere.

From what I have read, the crank and cam sensors like to go out in pairs so keep them in the glove box as spares!

Cheromaniac
05-07-2013, 11:00 AM

I have to agree. When it comes to sensors or any electronic parts, it's best to bite the bullet and get OEM replacements from the stealership.

From what I have read, the crank and cam sensors like to go out in pairs so keep them in the glove box as spares!

They don't necessarily go out in pairs but I agree that keeping spares in the glove box is a good idea. However, that won't be much use unless you also carry the necessary tools so that you can replace those items in the field.

illuminator
05-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I think I'm gonna get a factory one, does anybody know of a good source online for stealership parts?