PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Ingy96!!!

4.3LXJ
05-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Hi Ingy96, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Ingy96
05-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I have a black 96 XJ that has alot of work that needs to be done: suspension is pretty well shot, big rust spot above the muffler, and a bit of a knock in the lower part of the engine - crank area. I bought her a couple of years ago and have been saving money and doing research on here and other sites to get ideas on turning her into what I want in a vehicle. I'm really not into wheeling, but you never know what life is going to throw your way so I do want a capable, versatile vehicle. I finally have the money saved and am ready to start transforming her into what I want. She has a salvage title so I know that I will never be able to sell her for anything. I'm cool with that. I'll be the last owner she has. While doing the research, I noticed that xjtalk clearly has a unique feel compared to the other websites. That "feel" is why I want to join you guys. Thank you for the help that you have already given me - hopefully I'll be able to give it back.

bluedragon436
05-05-2013, 03:04 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk: from Delaware!! Glad to hear that you like our family here, and we are glad to have you and your XJ as part of it... Look forward to seeing the transformation of your XJ from where it is not, to what you want it to be!!

Mudderoy
05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I have a black 96 XJ that has alot of work that needs to be done: suspension is pretty well shot, big rust spot above the muffler, and a bit of a knock in the lower part of the engine - crank area. I bought her a couple of years ago and have been saving money and doing research on here and other sites to get ideas on turning her into what I want in a vehicle. I'm really not into wheeling, but you never know what life is going to throw your way so I do want a capable, versatile vehicle. I finally have the money saved and am ready to start transforming her into what I want. She has a salvage title so I know that I will never be able to sell her for anything. I'm cool with that. I'll be the last owner she has. While doing the research, I noticed that xjtalk clearly has a unique feel compared to the other websites. That "feel" is why I want to join you guys. Thank you for the help that you have already given me - hopefully I'll be able to give it back.

I didn't check (or read) that you have an auto trans, but what sounds like a low end knock is often lose torque converter bolts. You might want to check them if you haven't already done so.

Ingy96
05-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I is an auto and I never thought of the torque converter. Thanks!