PDA

View Full Version : Lift and driveshafts

rob
05-04-2013, 04:07 PM
installed 1.5 ome h/d lift and now im taking it out and putting in 3.5/4 inch ome set rear leafs and using acos adjustable spring spacers in front.I have purchased longer fixed lower control arms and adjustable trackbar and shocks good to 4" of lift also transfercase drop bars.Question do I need to change pitman arm and will I need longer driveshafts, also will I need a slipyoke eliminator?Im tired of asking sales people that work for the big 3 jeep only parts companies Questions and getting the wrong answers,it's getting expensive.:sign0181:

4.3LXJ
05-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Probably be a good idea to get that slip yoke eliminator. Front driveline is OK, you will need a new one for the SYE

XJ Wheeler
05-05-2013, 02:17 AM
For 4" lift? Maybe on the sye. Depends on the jeep, some do some don't. I'm running 5.5" (measured) rear and 3/4" t-case drop, but I've seen other XJs need one at 3". Install the springs and see if you get vibes.

On the pitman arm, not really. Usually you have to get into the 6" range to need steering mods.

denverd1
05-05-2013, 09:17 AM
ran mine at 4.5 with no SYE or shaft mods. Although it vibed like the bed in an hourly motel when I got it and I've basically replaced or rebuilt just about everything past the transfer case front and back. won't need a dropped pitman.

rob
05-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the info guys its a big help.Do any of you know how many inches from level ground to the bottom fender flare there are,meaning running the tape vertical from ground to the flare staying in line with the center of the wheel and hub.What im looking for is stock height,I never measured mine before the ome 1.5 lift was installed.This info would help in determining how much of a front spacer or a complete spring swap would needed or if the acos unit I'm going to use would be adjusted to far out for my liking

rob
05-06-2013, 04:45 PM
By the way it's a 2001 xj limited 16"stock rims