PDA

View Full Version : Ammo availability

cpttuna
04-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Got tired of walking into Wal Mart all the time and seeing the ammo shelves M/T of the ammo I was looking for. I found out several items I wish to pass on. Most Wal Marts get trucks every night of the week except certain ones.I try and find out which. some will tell you if ammo is on the truck. some will tell you what kind of ammo is on the truck. The Wal mart in the next town puts the ammo away till 7am the next morning, then it puts it on the shelves.The bottom line. No two Wal Marts operate the same.

olds-cool
04-26-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm really hoping that with the laws not passing, the hysteria will finally die down and ammo prices and availability will come back down to a sane level again. I picked a heck of a time to get back into shooting. I'm gonna start reloading as soon as I can get ahold of a press & dies.

Mudderoy
04-26-2013, 11:17 PM
You guys know that home land security (?) has been buying up thousands and thousands of rounds of ammo? In fact a GOP leader is introducing a bill that would limit how much ammo the government could buy. Apparently our government has bought much more ammo that it has purchased for our soldiers.

ArmyGuy45
04-27-2013, 02:28 AM
The deals for normal pricing is still out there you just need to check daily. I just picked up 500 rounds of 5.56 for $230 shipped.

OrangeXJ
04-27-2013, 06:28 AM
The deals for normal pricing is still out there you just need to check daily. I just picked up 500 rounds of 5.56 for $230 shipped.

Where I ordered 1000 rounds 223/5.56 in feb. and have not seen them yet.

OrangeXJ
04-27-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm really hoping that with the laws not passing, the hysteria will finally die down and ammo prices and availability will come back down to a sane level again. I picked a heck of a time to get back into shooting. I'm gonna start reloading as soon as I can get ahold of a press & dies.

My son is trying to do that but primers are as hard to find as the ammo

editedforsafety
04-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Homeland security did not buy as much ammo as everyone is saying. They signed a contract for a ton of ammo, spread out over years. That did not cause the ammo shortage. People buying more ammo than they normally do caused the shortage.

I saw the same thing happen in 2008. We sell ammo where I work, and we are getting about as much as we normally would. It just can't stay on the shelf when you have 50 people checking for ammo every morning and buying all they can get when they see it.