PDA

View Full Version : What got in the way of lift installation today??

Paddletrucker
04-21-2013, 08:24 PM
This evening was good weather, and as I started another round of squirting bolts under the Jeep, I heard the unmistakable sound of a goat going into labor. It was a first year doe giving birth for the first time. She isn't taking real good care of it.

Not to fear, though, Piper (our pit bull) LOVES babies and was quickly on scene to help clean the baby and encourage her to take her first steps.

Yep. Somedays goat ranching can trip up your XJ build. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
04-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Yup, gotta take care of the kids

TimmyTXJ
04-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Yup, gotta take care of the kids

Please tell me you meant that pun... it was awesome! :D

bluedragon436
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
And people say that Pitty's are all bad!! You can tell she isn't too good of a mother if she doesn't mind Piper being around it like that... Our horse was a maiden mare this year, and she could just about care less about the foal when she gave birth... We got him up and going, and she only was protective against him with one other mare, and that was our other one... but other than that she didn't care who or what other horse was near the little one.. I love the little goats... especially the billy goats when they head butt your leg and such...

4.3LXJ
04-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Please tell me you meant that pun... it was awesome! :D

Yes I did. Wife has been around goats a lot.

Paddletrucker
04-22-2013, 11:05 AM
And people say that Pitty's are all bad!! You can tell she isn't too good of a mother if she doesn't mind Piper being around it like that... Our horse was a maiden mare this year, and she could just about care less about the foal when she gave birth... We got him up and going, and she only was protective against him with one other mare, and that was our other one... but other than that she didn't care who or what other horse was near the little one.. I love the little goats... especially the billy goats when they head butt your leg and such...

Don't get me going on Pit Bulls! We've got two (Piper and a foster dog) and they're the most well behaved and gentle dogs we've ever had. Good with all the animals here. All the goats are used to Piper being around. This particular doe was around Piper when SHE was just newborn kid, too, so she wasn't alarmed at all by the dog's presence.

Our Pit bull, Piper is a great dog. She raised a goat all on her own and kept it from dying. It's now her pet. GP (goat puppy. LOL) was born to a mother who absolutely rejected him and the other two babies. It was her first time to kid. The first two were strong and the last one, GP, was weak and not moving. My wife put him on a towel in the kitchen floor and went to get a heating pad. When she came back, Piper really wanted to see the baby, so my wife let her. She began licking the kid and that stimulated him to stand and even eat. From then on, they were buds. My wife even started a facebook page for the two that has all kinds of really good pictures. It's Piper's Pit Bull Place on FB.

Piper playing with bouncing baby goats.
Pit Bull with her goat puppies - YouTube

They even made national news on CNN when a local reporter did a story about the pair.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=Pit+bull+and+goat+puppy+CNN

Piper also does agility with my wife. Go to the facebook page and you can see video of Piper doing jumps, weave poles, and all the other obstacles involved.

girlyjen78
04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Aww goats are so fun! Love them :)