PDA

View Full Version : Shackel Relocation Kit - Which To Get?

aquickmopar
04-14-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm looking to buy a shackel relocation kit for my xj. I'm having a hard time to decide between HD Offroad Shackel Relocation Kit or Ironman Andy's Shackel Relocation Kit.

Could some that have either please tell me the pros or cons vs the two?
What made you decide to buy one over the other.

I like that the HD is adjustable meaning you can install it above or below the factory hitch or tank skid or even both if you have both.

I like that Ironman Andy's has more adjustment points for the shackel location itself, but can olny be mounted above the hitch or tank skid.

I have both a Mopar Tank Skid and a Mopar Factory Hitch. In order for me to install the Ironman Andys I would have to drop the Skid and Hitch to install it then re install the Skid and Hitch overtop of the relocation kit. Don't know if the ironman is worth all that trouble for the install when the HD Offroad can be installed right overtop of those.

Please help me decide. Lol :bang: :pray: :smiley-gen165:

aquickmopar
04-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Man over 50 hits on this and No replies. I'm guessing everybody is in the same boat I'm in. Nobody can make up there mind on which to buy either. Lol

Or nobody cares to comment on the subject. Hmmmmm, I guess I'll just have to choose on my own then. I'm gonna order one or the other today. Hope I can make the right decision.

altonamud
04-15-2013, 06:40 AM
i am installing RCX shackle relocation kit.
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_1117.php

aquickmopar
04-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Well I think I'm just gonna go with Ironman Andy's kit. You can never go wrong with his stuff. I think I'll be pretty happy with his kit. Atleast I know it will outlast the jeep. His stuff is unbreakable. Lol.

Mudderoy
04-15-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm looking to buy a shackel relocation kit for my xj. I'm having a hard time to decide between HD Offroad Shackel Relocation Kit or Ironman Andy's Shackel Relocation Kit.

Could some that have either please tell me the pros or cons vs the two?
What made you decide to buy one over the other.

I like that the HD is adjustable meaning you can install it above or below the factory hitch or tank skid or even both if you have both.

I like that Ironman Andy's has more adjustment points for the shackel location itself, but can olny be mounted above the hitch or tank skid.

I have both a Mopar Tank Skid and a Mopar Factory Hitch. In order for me to install the Ironman Andys I would have to drop the Skid and Hitch to install it then re install the Skid and Hitch overtop of the relocation kit. Don't know if the ironman is worth all that trouble for the install when the HD Offroad can be installed right overtop of those.

Please help me decide. Lol :bang: :pray: :smiley-gen165:

I was looking at Andy's as well. I've only looked at his since I know the level of tough and quality that he has in his products. So if it takes a few more steps to put it on, I'd rather take those steps, you know and only have to do it once.

Andy is a vendor here, but if I didn't like his products I simply wouldn't talk about them! ;)

aquickmopar
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Ya, I've purchased some other products from Andy before so I know his quality. I think i'll go ahead and order his. That way I know im getting a good product that will outlast my jeep. And like you said the extra steps to install them will be worth it in the end.

Paddletrucker
04-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Since this Oklahoma weather has decided my Jeep doesn't ned to be lifted this week:bang::bang:, and I've decided that I think I want one more inch, I'm seriously thinking about Andy's shackle relocation kit and the adjustable rear shackle and then doing a spacer maybe on the front. I'll have to see, but I'm leaning that way.

Mudderoy
04-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Since this Oklahoma weather has decided my Jeep doesn't ned to be lifted this week:bang::bang:, and I've decided that I think I want one more inch, I'm seriously thinking about Andy's shackle relocation kit and the adjustable rear shackle and then doing a spacer maybe on the front. I'll have to see, but I'm leaning that way.

Higher is almost ALWAYS the way it goes. They told me this on NAXJA. I would have gone to 6.5" on mine, but 97+ really need a SYE (or don't you just don't know until you lift it) so I went with the 4.5"

I ordered the 6.5" coils last week. :D

editedforsafety
04-15-2013, 12:31 PM
I would go with Andy's, just because it's Andy's and I don't think you can really go wrong with his stuff.

aquickmopar
04-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Higher is almost ALWAYS the way it goes. They told me this on NAXJA. I would have gone to 6.5" on mine, but 97+ really need a SYE (or don't you just don't know until you lift it) so I went with the 4.5"

I ordered the 6.5" coils last week. :D

Ya I'm at 6.5" right now Lol. And will be ordering some 7.5" RE coils soon, I want another inch. Lol

gary63
04-15-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm going to go with andy's and this adj. rear shackles it will work go with the adj. front spacer i have. but right now I'm checking out some rear spring slider for liquid Iron.there not bad at all there working perty good so far.

4.3LXJ
04-15-2013, 07:02 PM
My RE coils came out closer to 8.5". But I am a little lighter in the front than you

XJ Wheeler
04-16-2013, 03:27 AM
My RE coils came out closer to 8.5". But I am a little lighter in the front than you

I think their stuff just comes out higher. My 4.5" measures 5" front, and 5.5" rear. I'm surprised i was able to get away with it though, on stock steering and no sye.

Mudderoy
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Ya I'm at 6.5" right now Lol. And will be ordering some 7.5" RE coils soon, I want another inch. Lol

It wasn't until after starting this site that I learned going above 6.5" on a XJ is usually a bad idea. Now one of the guys that told me that is higher. lol

Center of gravity thing. I'm hopeful that 6.5" will be enough for me. I just want to be able to flex without rubbing. Now I know I need to re-visit bump stopping. With my high lift jack and maybe some ramps I'll be able to flex it enough to see how much more bump stop I will need front and rear.

4.3LXJ
04-16-2013, 11:26 AM
It is easier to find a loading dock that goes down and use the edge. Makes for quick measurents

aquickmopar
04-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Well placed my order last night. Got me some Ironman Shackle Relocation Brackets coming as soon as he gets a next batch finished. Can't wait to see the improvement. I have a horrible shackle angle.

bluedragon436
04-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Good choice for sure... You won't be sorry with Andy's products!! Look forward to seeing some before and after pics of this one.. Has been a plan a little bit down the road for me as well..

aquickmopar
04-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Ya I already have Andys Extreme Trac Bar. And Love it. Best Trac bar I've ever ran. Still need to order his Trac Bar Frame Mount and Frame Mount Tie in Brace. I'm running a RE Frame Mount now, But would rather have Andys. He makes Bad A$$ Products. I'll definitely get some before and after shots. I'll even try and do a write up on it if I have time.