PDA

View Full Version : Throwin' codes after trying to test TPS.

AnarchyBurger
04-14-2013, 01:38 AM
Ok, so I decided it would be a good idea to test my TPS because my transmission seems off and that's were I decided to start.

First I unplugged the pigtail from the TPS, got out my analog voltage meter, hooked up the negative probe to the negative post of the battery and checked the middle terminal of the TPS pigtail with the positive probe. That checked out. The wires for the meter were a bit short so I decided to break out the free digital meter I got at Harbor Freight for free a few weeks back. So I repeated the process, but this time as I was checking the pigtail, what sounded like a relay started clicking and it sounded as if I were turning the ignition switch to the on position. I found that very odd and of course I deiced I needed to do it again to hear the sounds it was making.

Well, it turns out that was probably bad so I plugged the pigtail back into the TPS and went to start up the XJ and noticed the the CEL was on. I whipped out my OBDII scanner and it gave me a p0100. I erased it to see if it would come back. The CEL did come back on and threw a p0700. So I deleted that one and again the CEL come on, and p0100. I delete one and the other shows back up. It kept cycling like that. So I checked all my fuses and nothing is blown. Any ideas? :pray:

4.3LXJ
04-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Not sure about po100, but P0700 is tranny control module malfunction

AnarchyBurger
04-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Not sure about po100, but P0700 is tranny control module malfunction

My scanner said the p0700 was something along the lines of "MAF or VAF circuit A failure". But I ended up moving the braided ground wire around thinking maybe it was grounding out one of the sensors on the intake, took it for a drive and finally got it to clear. Not sure what happened, all those magical electrical doodads still mystify me most of the time.:rotfl2: