PDA

View Full Version : Header panel?

Paddletrucker
04-03-2013, 09:59 PM

So this is my header panel after the trailer incident. It has always needed to be replaced. It's never been any good. The headlights won't aim, the grill doesn't screw down right, and the whole thing isn't attached at the bottom. It looks like this will all come off as one piece. So I have some questions.

Can this all be bought as one piece, lights and all? I have seen it called different things. What do I need to order toque sure I get all of it??

Will a '97 and up header panel fit my '95?

I'd like to get this and the fender replaced while I've got the Jeep grounded to do the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paddletrucker
04-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Ok, having trouble with the mobile upload on this Kansas goat trail.

4.3LXJ
04-03-2013, 10:46 PM
The only way to get all of it is to get it at a wrecking yard. Otherwise parts are separate. Unless the grill is broke, it will fit the new header. All the other stuff will too. Check the nylon nutserts to see if they are stripped.

Brasscatz
04-03-2013, 10:49 PM

So this is my header panel after the trailer incident. It has always needed to be replaced. It's never been any good. The headlights won't aim, the grill doesn't screw down right, and the whole thing isn't attached at the bottom. It looks like this will all come off as one piece. So I have some questions.

Can this all be bought as one piece, lights and all? I have seen it called different things. What do I need to order toque sure I get all of it??

Will a '97 and up header panel fit my '95?

I'd like to get this and the fender replaced while I've got the Jeep grounded to do the lift.

I don't know about the newer panels... I thought the fenders were different. But Here's a link to some new header panels. Also, sometimes you can get lucky and find the parts on craigslist or at a junkyard for cheap.

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Jeep/Cherokee/Crown/Header_Panel/1995/55054945K.html

4x4Dalton
04-03-2013, 10:55 PM
The 97 and up are rounded some where as the 95 is more square. You can do a total swap as in both fenders and header panel to go to the 97. But if you want to keep the style fenders you have then you would have to go with the 95 header panel.

TripleZero
04-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Also the 97' and up fenders are actually shorter on the front side of the fender to the grill, so they may or may not work.

nickyg
04-04-2013, 12:24 AM
I have a 96 xj, with a right fender from a 89 and a header off a 91. I had to drill 1 small hole in the 89 fender for a sheet metal screw. but it all matched up perfect.
Juck yard is my first choice for body parts. The header panel I got had the lights in it and the wire harness. all for about what it would cost to have a new one shipped.

bigjim350
04-04-2013, 01:55 AM
If you use a 97+ header panel you will need, 97+ fenders, 97+ grille, 97+ headlight doors, 97+ blinkers and 97+ side marker lights. Hood is the same. You can buy all of that new, but would be cheaper to get it from a junkyard.

Paddletrucker
04-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Ok. Thanks guys. I think I'll stick to the '95 stuff. I just thought if the newer stuff would work, it might be easier to find all the parts.

Paddletrucker
04-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Check the nylon nutserts to see if they are stripped.

Everything on it is broken, cracked or stripped. Near as I can tell, here are only two nuts holding the whole thing on.

XJ Wheeler
04-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Sometimes you can find the whole front clip on ebay as well.

XJ Wheeler
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Here's one, Nate. Its even green so you wouldn't have to paint it. ;) http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-XJ-Cherokee-Complete-Front-Grille-Grill-84-96-Header-Green-Nice-/390569664078?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACherokee&hash=item5aefc41e4e&vxp=mtr

Paddletrucker
04-04-2013, 03:54 PM
THANKS! That's what I was hoping, that I could find it all complete. That will give me a Jeep symbol from the old one for the hood of my semi!!!!