Mudderoy
04-01-2013, 05:58 PM
mmmmmm the a/c fairy came...

4.3LXJ
04-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Holy Cow, you going to open a shop?

Brasscatz
04-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Goody! Now he can fill up my wife's and my Jeeps!

Mudderoy
04-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Holy Cow, you going to open a shop?

Last time we bought some "at Sam's Club" a case was $89. Today they are $50. Nuff said. ;)

Dredwolf
04-01-2013, 08:24 PM
mmmmmm the a/c fairy came...

What is it with NewEgg boxes....:rolleyes:

Paddletrucker
04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Just you wait......Unless it's bullcrap, a mechanic told me that the EPA has now mandated a newer, updated, more green, better for the environment friendly juice that will replace R134. According to him, he says it'll be cost prohibitive for him to even mess with the stuff. HE charges as little as possible now for A/C service. He said that even at his cost, he'd be converting to 2/50 A/C (Two windows down at 50mph).

He says he'll do the R134 as long as possible, but as soon as he can't, he's going to quit A/C service. I can't remember what it was he told me the price would be, but I remember thinking that I'd go without A/C before I paid anything close to it.

I hope he was full of crap (REALLY unlike this guy who's been our only small town shop and only mechanic for 30 years) or he's got the wrong info.

01xjcny
04-01-2013, 09:36 PM
they are currently producing one car with the new refrigerant from what i have heard and was reading in a ase magazine that it was crazy expensive . also with the new cars when the check engine light comes on for something minor say evap leak where you dont feel a difference it will shut off the ac so the customer will want the ac to work so they will bring it in

Carves
04-01-2013, 09:42 PM
The Fairies down here wont let us play with that stuff anymore.

... unless you pay the extortion money ... :bang:

http://www.environment.gov.au/atmosphere/ozone/publications/pubs/rac-faq.pdf

Mudderoy
04-01-2013, 10:48 PM
What is it with NewEgg boxes....:rolleyes:

Dude! Yesterday was Easter. No body likes old eggs! :beer:

Mudderoy
04-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Just you wait......Unless it's bullcrap, a mechanic told me that the EPA has now mandated a newer, updated, more green, better for the environment friendly juice that will replace R134. According to him, he says it'll be cost prohibitive for him to even mess with the stuff. HE charges as little as possible now for A/C service. He said that even at his cost, he'd be converting to 2/50 A/C (Two windows down at 50mph).

He says he'll do the R134 as long as possible, but as soon as he can't, he's going to quit A/C service. I can't remember what it was he told me the price would be, but I remember thinking that I'd go without A/C before I paid anything close to it.

I hope he was full of crap (REALLY unlike this guy who's been our only small town shop and only mechanic for 30 years) or he's got the wrong info.

When the price of r134a jumped from $45 to $90, I checked into why. I read about the r134a being phased out, so today when it was for $50 I didn't cheap out, I just stocked up!

If it gets too high people will stop stealing copper and start stealing r134a gas!!!

4.3LXJ
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
When the price of r134a jumped from $45 to $90, I checked into why. I read about the r134a being phased out, so today when it was for $50 I didn't cheap out, I just stocked up!

If it gets too high people will stop stealing copper and start stealing r134a gas!!!

They did that for awhile with R12. A tanker truck from Mexico was worth a lot of money

whowey
04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.allpar.com/eek/ac.html

My dad used to do all the A/C service for a nuclear power plant. I remember all the cylinders of R-12 and R-22 that were 1/4 full being brought home. At the end of his career, old timers came over and bought all the r-12 cylinders he had laying around for crazy prices... Lets just say his first Corvette was financed by those guys.