PDA

View Full Version : Rubincon Express Long Arms

JMadigan
03-27-2013, 10:18 PM
A few months ago I managed to get a pretty good deal on a 5.5 RE Long arm kit. However, I dont want to sit at 5.5 (or more since it is RE :crazy:).

Has anyone ever run the RE long arms at around 4.5? On the 4wheel parts site it says the arms are for 5+" of lift, I haven't found any other info, and google wasn't much help. I imagine the limiting factor on how high or low I sit is based on the length of the lower arms?

Thanks,

TripleZero
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Actually your control arms do not determine how high or low your vehicle sits. Your coil springs up front do. Your arms will affect travel of the axle(limitation also based on coils too).

So, considering what you have and what you want to do, I believe(though I could be wrong) you should be able to put 4.5" coils up front and still be able to use your current control arms. Though the question is are they adjustable or not(with adjustable coils making things easier)?

4.3LXJ
03-28-2013, 10:58 AM
The only problem might be if the upper arms are not adjustable. Not a big problem, it will just affect the castor angle a little, but not much

JMadigan
03-31-2013, 01:43 AM
The upper arm are adjustable.
My thought was since the lowers are not adjustable, would I land up shifting the axle forward if I sat lower then the recommended height?
Thanks for the reply!

4.3LXJ
03-31-2013, 10:54 AM
In theory yes. The best thing to do with manufacturers is to call them on that situation and measure afterwards. Castor angles are easy to get nowadays with a smartphone and a leveler app