PDA

View Full Version : See the 2014 Jeep Cherokee unveiling

Coaster_DC
03-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Many questions maybe answered on Wednesday, March 27th at 1:45pm on the Jeep website http://www.jeep.com/en/?pid=hrown&adid=cherokeereveal&sid=jeep&channel=e_direct as Jeep inntroduces the 2014 Jeep Cherokee from the New York Auto Show. If you log on now, you'll see a countdown clock to the live event.

XJ Wheeler
03-27-2013, 02:13 AM
I wonder if i'll be able to hear the boo's from here.

XJ Wheeler
03-27-2013, 06:09 PM
I wonder if i'll be able to hear the boo's from here.

Turns out i could, but they were my own. :D I presume everyone else was either trying catch their breath or clean up from pukin!

TimmyTXJ
03-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Turns out i could, but they were my own. :D I presume everyone else was either trying catch their breath or clean up from pukin!

Wrong on both counts... I was crying. Independent front and rear, and that goofy lookin' nose? They killed it. On the other hand... I do like the name they came up with for the 4 banger engine.

Dredwolf
03-27-2013, 08:51 PM
With the "Industry first rear axle disconnect"...it's basically a front-wheel drive car.:hellno:

:wtf: are they thinking....oh wait, those who feel emasculated by their Prius needs a warmer, fuzzier suv/car/crossover?

:yack:

bigjim350
03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Think im gonna piss everybody off and trade my XJ in for a 2014 Cherokee :D

ArmyGuy45
03-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Dang! I did a search before posting this and NOW it pops up....

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14060

Dredwolf
03-28-2013, 08:42 PM
It's basically a Fiat....

And looking on the Jeep website, there does not appear to be a TrailHawk edition of the Cherokee.

I've driven several Grand Cherokee's of the late model variety, and like those pretty well, the 2014 nose and grille layout is appealing.

But the new Cherokee? It reminds me of somebody at the junkyard welding together a Rendezvous and Aztec, and throwing some Neon parts on it "to make it sporty".

No thanks, even free.

Would take a Grand Cherokee though.:rolleyes:

bigjim350
03-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Yes there is a trailhawk edition......pretty hard to miss it.
http://www.jeep.com/en/2014/cherokee/#model=limited&color=deep_cherry_red

bigjim350
03-28-2013, 11:26 PM
I just really dont understand why people are so upset about the name. Is it different from the xj yeah of course but what did you expect them to build? It cant be a vehicle shaped like a brick that gets 15mpg. Does the new dart look like an old dart? No. Does the new charger look like an old charger? heck no, those didnt even come in 4dr. The Chevy malibu? no. The impala? no. Things change.....

Dredwolf
03-28-2013, 11:41 PM
I just really dont understand why people are so upset about the name. Is it different from the xj yeah of course but what did you expect them to build? It cant be a vehicle shaped like a brick that gets 15mpg. Does the new dart look like an old dart? No. Does the new charger look like an old charger? heck no, those didnt even come in 4dr. The Chevy malibu? no. The impala? no. Things change.....

You are right on the Trailhawk, looks like they dropped that option pack from the Grand Cherokee from 2014 though. The wife was looking at one as the successor to the '03 Explorer.

The newer Mustang, Camaro and Challenger prove that you can build a vehicle that pays homage to its past, and many people will find it cool. (If anyone is giving one of the above away because they don't like it, I will be glad to keep the battery charged while you take time making the decision).:rolleye0012:

In the industry I am in, I have seen guys pull up in a Hybird, get out with a spouse, walk up to one of the above vehicles or some other cool vehicle (built JK, for example), start to grin, then catch a look from the spouse and the grin fades.

Yes, things change. But you can tell when "that" group from Marketing gets involved....:crazy:

Here's hoping an F650 never looks like an over-sized SmartCar...:P

bigjim350
03-28-2013, 11:57 PM
The newer Mustang, Camaro and Challenger prove that you can build a vehicle that pays homage to its past, and many people will find it cool.

True. And Jeep continues to do that with the wrangler. They shouldnt have to do it with every model they sell.

ArmyGuy45
03-29-2013, 12:52 AM

That brick is cheap and easy to fix. Makes me wonder who easy and cheap it is to fix this one.

bigjim350
03-29-2013, 02:31 AM
That brick is cheap and easy to fix. Makes me wonder who easy and cheap it is to fix this one.

Just as easy and cheap to fix as any other new vehicle is.....

bigjim350
03-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Oh wait correction on last post. After thinking about it, the new cherokee is much cheaper to fix. Because it will come with a 5yr/100k mile warranty.

Dredwolf
03-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Oh wait correction on last post. After thinking about it, the new cherokee is much cheaper to fix. Because it will come with a 5yr/100k mile warranty.

Good point.

But a question for anyone that has a vehicle with a solid, long term warranty and who needed to use it.

What have they actually covered? Co-workers that can afford a car payment seem to always complain that "CompanyX is saying the warranty does not cover that, so I am having to pay X for a transmission/alternator/A/C/etc repair..."

I have not had a car payment in 15 years, so I am not up on how the newer extended warranties actually work.

4xfishfinder
03-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Looks like a cheap a$$ Wal-Mart tennis shoe with wheels. Only thing missing are the twinkling lights in the heel.:rotfl2:

dagod16
03-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Does it have a toyota tranny or a Chrysler.