PDA

View Full Version : Welcome adambaum!!!

cantab27
03-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi adambaum, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

adambaum
03-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Well, we all have to start somewhere, right?

I've owned my XJ since 2005. Been a member over at NAXJA since then, but never bothered to sign up for any other forums. I have no idea why. So, I finally got around to signing up over here, too.

The Jeep: '98 XJ, 4.0L, AW4, Atlas II, 35" MT/Rs, super-30 w/ ARB front, D44 w/ ARB rear, York OBA, winch, the usual add-ons.

http://www.nofences.me/fileStore/XJ/XJ-with-Centerlines.jpg

4.3LXJ
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Atlas II eh, what ratio in that bad boy?

adambaum
03-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Atlas II eh, what ratio in that bad boy?

3.8:1, if I recall correctly. Definitely one of my favorite upgrades.

4.3LXJ
03-26-2013, 07:30 PM
I have to agree with that

Mudderoy
03-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Well, we all have to start somewhere, right?

I've owned my XJ since 2005. Been a member over at NAXJA since then, but never bothered to sign up for any other forums. I have no idea why. So, I finally got around to signing up over here, too.

The Jeep: '98 XJ, 4.0L, AW4, Atlas II, 35" MT/Rs, super-30 w/ ARB front, D44 w/ ARB rear, York OBA, winch, the usual add-ons.

http://www.nofences.me/fileStore/XJ/XJ-with-Centerlines.jpg

Very nice and a very nice first post. Everyone loves the pictures. :popcorn:

adambaum
03-26-2013, 07:45 PM
I see you have the 4-speed. Do you actually use all four speeds?

adambaum
03-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Very nice and a very nice first post. Everyone loves the pictures. :popcorn:

Ha! Thanks. I'm generally better with pictures than with words. ;)

Brasscatz
03-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the site! Where at in Grapevine? I used to live in Hurst for most of my life

adambaum
03-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the site! Where at in Grapevine? I used to live in Hurst for most of my life

Far south Grapevine -- nearly in Colleyville. Just north of Hall-Johnson between Pool and W.T. Parr. Been looking for something on the other side of Hall-Johnson, but there's very little for sale. And those that do come on the market sell fast!

adambaum
03-26-2013, 08:24 PM

I see you're in Houston, now. Where in Houston? I graduated from Klein High School (a LONG time ago ;)). In fact, I was just there this weekend -- for a funeral, unfortunately, at Klein Funeral Home (Champions Forest).

4.3LXJ
03-26-2013, 08:41 PM
I see you have the 4-speed. Do you actually use all four speeds?

Yup, I do. The 2.7 is fine for trails, rough roads etc, 3.8 good for some of the rocks buy the 10.38 is fantastic in big rocks. Makes it nice and easy. My wife even likes to ride the rocks. So much torque to the wheels that I only have to tap the gas a little even on the big ones

adambaum
03-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Yup, I do. The 2.7 is fine for trails, rough roads etc, 3.8 good for some of the rocks buy the 10.38 is fantastic in big rocks. Makes it nice and easy. My wife even likes to ride the rocks. So much torque to the wheels that I only have to tap the gas a little even on the big ones

Sweet! Sounds awesome.

4.3LXJ
03-26-2013, 09:35 PM
My best mod yet

Brasscatz
03-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Far south Grapevine -- nearly in Colleyville. Just north of Hall-Johnson between Pool and W.T. Parr. Been looking for something on the other side of Hall-Johnson, but there's very little for sale. And those that do come on the market sell fast!

Small world! My aunt and uncle live right over there... off Grant rd I think? Also dated a girl that lived off Hall Johnson that went to Colleyville HS. I went to L.D. Bell myself, graduated '03. Also, used to frequent the Bob Moore's driving range and batting cages up there at Hall Johnson and Grapevine HWY.... aaaand my grandparents are buried at Bluebonnet Hills right there too. Was up there about a year and a half ago for my grandmother's funeral.

I see you're in Houston, now. Where in Houston? I graduated from Klein High School (a LONG time ago ;)). In fact, I was just there this weekend -- for a funeral, unfortunately, at Klein Funeral Home (Champions Forest).

Sorry to hear about the funeral. You were right in my back yard. I live right near there close to Bammel North Houston and Champion Forest. My wife went to Westfield, but she teaches 4th grade at Middlestadt right beside Klein HS... and we shop at that HEB every week LOL, very small world indeed! Did you get to see the new construction at Klein? It's very odd that we were both at funerals practically in each other's back yard...

XJ Wheeler
03-27-2013, 02:07 AM
Awesome jeep, Rick. Reminds me of the jeeps i saw in magazines growing up. Love the Hellcats. Glad ya joined up. Welcome from the Houston area as well.

adambaum
03-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Small world! My aunt and uncle live right over there... off Grant rd I think? Also dated a girl that lived off Hall Johnson that went to Colleyville HS. I went to L.D. Bell myself, graduated '03. Also, used to frequent the Bob Moore's driving range and batting cages up there at Hall Johnson and Grapevine HWY.... aaaand my grandparents are buried at Bluebonnet Hills right there too. Was up there about a year and a half ago for my grandmother's funeral.

Sorry to hear about the funeral. You were right in my back yard. I live right near there close to Bammel North Houston and Champion Forest. My wife went to Westfield, but she teaches 4th grade at Middlestadt right beside Klein HS... and we shop at that HEB every week LOL, very small world indeed! Did you get to see the new construction at Klein? It's very odd that we were both at funerals practically in each other's back yard...

Wow. Small world, indeed. Yes I saw the HS -- in fact, we grabbed a sandwich at the Subway across the street before the service. It's the first time I'd seen old KHS since the overhaul. Very nice, but kinda sad too. It's just not the same. Funny how you want some things to stay the way they were...

My mother and my brother-in-law are both buried at Bluebonnet Hills. I go by there all the time.

Thanks for the reply -- always good to chat with someone "local". Here's hoping we meet out there on the trails some day.

adambaum
03-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Awesome jeep, Rick. Reminds me of the jeeps i saw in magazines growing up. Love the Hellcats.

Thanks. The previous owner was really proud of those wheels. He had never taken the Jeep off-road. I think he'd have an aneurism if he could see what I've done to them on the rocks. :rolleye0012:

Glad ya joined up. Welcome from the Houston area as well.

Another Houstonian -- awesome. What area of town?

XJ Wheeler
03-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks. The previous owner was really proud of those wheels. He had never taken the Jeep off-road. I think he'd have an aneurism if he could see what I've done to them on the rocks. :rolleye0012:

Lol, yeah I've always liked those but when i was old enough to have a jeep and the money to buy some they had stopped making them. But good thing is i found some i like better. I'll get some one day, for another jeep.

Another Houstonian -- awesome. What area of town?

Right now i'm just outside of town in Conroe. At least fourth generation to live in the Houston area. I actually grew up in the Beaumont area but we moved down here last year for medical needs.

There's quite a few of Houstonians on here, in the ballpark of 10.

Brasscatz
03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Wow. Small world, indeed. Yes I saw the HS -- in fact, we grabbed a sandwich at the Subway across the street before the service. It's the first time I'd seen old KHS since the overhaul. Very nice, but kinda sad too. It's just not the same. Funny how you want some things to stay the way they were...

My mother and my brother-in-law are both buried at Bluebonnet Hills. I go by there all the time.

Thanks for the reply -- always good to chat with someone "local". Here's hoping we meet out there on the trails some day.

Definitely buddy. Next time you're down here and you have spare time, and next time I'm up there and have spare time.

1ATony
03-28-2013, 02:25 PM
welcome to the site