PDA

View Full Version : I said s dirty word... or 14

Infidel Edition
03-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Swapped the injector for the 4 pinhole style ($60 for referb on eBay) and did the fuel filter at the same time.
Started the dirty words when I discovered 1 of the 3 screws securing the air intake to the TB was stripped! And the sides are rounded! So I couldn't vice grip it off. Gonna use the dremmel to do a custom flat head screw conversion next weekend ~ so I can clean the TB.

I hit the Pick'n Pull for a new fuse box and ... will get to that next weekend too. What the hell is up with the screws that ratchet FOREVER and then fail to free! Is that a jeep dirty trick to make you go to the dealer?
More dirty words. But finally got a good fuse box out ($20 @ Pick'n Pull).

New clutch master cylinder ($18 @ parts store) and installed it. Bled the lines / clutch works great.
Decided to bleed the brakes too while down there (they were soft) MORE BAD WORDS!
2 different bleeder valves in back and 1 was too stripped to do! And I don't feel like another parts run today...
Front bleeder valves didn't work with my vacuum pump... had to pump the petal and fill the jar...
Shouldn't the front, bleed from the smaller reservoir when you bleed 'em?
Only the larger rear reservoir needed to be filled...

So I guess I'll drink a beer and watch some b-ball.

XJ Wheeler
03-24-2013, 10:44 PM
The smaller portion is for the rear, larger for the front.

Infidel Edition
03-25-2013, 01:43 PM
The smaller portion is for the rear, larger for the front.

I know... I just don't understand why the larger (rear) reservoir drained when I bled the front disks.
I'm thinking it's a clogged line or (*&)(*)( pain that I'll have to figure out eventually.
All 4 brakes work (other than the bleeding logic). So that's a plus

89Laredo
03-25-2013, 01:49 PM
He just explained it... :poke:
Large (rear) reservoir feeds the front brakes (calipers take more fluid to move than wheel cylinders).

Infidel Edition
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
He just explained it... :poke:
Large (rear) reservoir feeds the front brakes (calipers take more fluid to move than wheel cylinders).

My brain works slow sometimes...
Maybe smaller words and ~
I was reading without paying attention.

A sharper stick would help!

bluedragon436
03-25-2013, 06:40 PM
I thought dirty words falling out were part of working on stuff, especially the Jeeps!! LOL

Infidel Edition
03-25-2013, 09:13 PM
I thought dirty words falling out were part of working on stuff, especially the Jeeps!! LOL

Hells yeah.

So the right front wheel it making a "funny noise" and it feels like a clank clank...
So I ordered a pair of hub/bearings for $90.
Fingers crossed.
Might as well get a set of calipers too.

bluedragon436
03-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Hells yeah.

So the right front wheel it making a "funny noise" and it feels like a clank clank...
So I ordered a pair of hub/bearings for $90.
Fingers crossed.
Might as well get a set of calipers too.

so you picked up a set as in one for each front hub?? if so that is an amazing deal... and if you replace your calipers while you're there, only parts you got left that are major to worry about are the axle u-joints and ball joints... if I had the money I'd love to replace them all while I'm there replacing stuff in that area... already pulling those parts apart... or pretty close to them... LOL... Where did you order your hub/bearings from??

Infidel Edition
03-25-2013, 09:31 PM
It said both wheels.
But they're not here yet.
Fingers crossed.

I'll find the email and post

Infidel Edition
03-25-2013, 10:15 PM
1A Auto on line
ORDER
Jeep Cherokee 4WD Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Pair
Make: Jeep / Model: Cherokee/ Year: 1989
Price: $85.95
Item: 1ASHS00010
Quantity: 1

Subtotal: $85.95
Discount: $0.00
Delivery and Processing: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $85.95

Calipers @ OReilly for $60 for the pair (+core)
+ pads....
Cleaned my piggy bank for now

XJ Wheeler
03-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Be sure to keep the receipt on those calipers. I got mine there too. Lifetime warranty. Already replaced them once years after buying the originals. ;)

Infidel Edition
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Hubs arrived today.
Quick question... would it be worth the $$ to pick up grade 8 or 8.2 bolts for the 3 mounting bolts on each?
... and does anyone know the size (length / thread)?

4.3LXJ
04-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Just use the stockers. They are as strong as they need to be and I have not heard of any failing, only slight rust problems

Infidel Edition
04-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Just use the stockers. They are as strong as they need to be and I have not heard of any failing, only slight rust problems

Cool / Thanks,