PDA

View Full Version : How to remove and replace your dash in less than 5 minutes!

Mudderoy
03-24-2013, 03:18 AM
http://youtu.be/P3LgsmyHvQM

cpttuna
03-24-2013, 06:26 AM
and you did not take the time to drink a beer or pee?

editedforsafety
03-24-2013, 09:34 AM
That looks pretty miserable.

Mudderoy
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
and you did not take the time to drink a beer or pee?

My wife brought us something to drink.

Along with the dash removal we replaced all the goodies in the box, evap, heater core, and blower motor. Replaced the condenser and the A/C flexible hoses that run to the compressor (past install - new) and the dryer. Then vacuumed the system and charged it.

We then took it for a 30 minute test drive to check the coolant running temp. Time will tell, it was running 217 on the highway at 2,200 rpm. Pulled off and sat for a few minutes, and that temp help, or dropped, so that's different. Normally it would have increased 5 or 10 before starting to cool off.

The heater core was clogged and had a leak, so this was to resolve that issue but also in the hopes of fixing the running hot problem.

4x4Dalton
03-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Wow I helped Matt work on mine or his jeep before but never seen him work that fast :D. Hope it takes care of the issues Tony.

Brasscatz
03-24-2013, 10:47 AM
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: I love the William Tell Overture soundtrack! I noticed that Tony disappeared for part of the re-installation... :poke: Great video Tony!

Mudderoy
03-24-2013, 10:57 AM
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: I love the William Tell Overture soundtrack! I noticed that Tony disappeared for part of the re-installation... :poke: Great video Tony!

The vaccum pump I had didn't fit the new style gauges. So part of the video I was in front of the Jeep taking out the stuff holding the condense in and part I was gone to the auto parts getting an adapter.

Frankly I was surprised I was in the video so much. It was really all Matt on that dash. I may have removed 4 screws and helped lift the dash out and lift it back in.

I was taking pictures with the 35mm a lot, so that may be why I was seen so much.