PDA

View Full Version : Dumb dog ate my headliner fabric and seatbelt. Help?

jaysXJ
03-21-2013, 05:00 PM
can someone give me a general idea of how to fix this? and maybe give me some good places or sites where they'll have headliners or fabric cheap? Is my best bet getting a seatbelt from a junkyard? By the way, this happened today, on my birthday. :cry:

nickyg
03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
I never did an XJ but I did replace the headliner in my ranger
(it's about 1/4 the size of my xj) You might need a 2nd pair of hands on one that big.

I got the fabric local from joanns fabric ( Yea they sell headliner fabric, I was shocked too)
I used 3m 77 spray glue from Home depot. It's been about 4 years and still holding up. It's all in the prep work.

I'm not a pro in fact thats the only headliner I ever done. So I'm not sure if thats the best way to go, but it worked for me and it only cost me about $20

As for the seat belt. Now you have a good excuse to put in a harness..
Tell her "it's not your fault, it's on the dog. He'll just chew thru a plain belt again"
I think Summit has em.

nickyg
03-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Oh yea I forgot Happy birthday.

bluedragon436
03-21-2013, 06:20 PM
I would say as far as the seatbelt I would look into the JY, as it would be your best bet... As far as the headliner... you can either pay someone to do it, pick one of those up at the JY as well, or pick up the items like Nick mentioned above and give it a whirl... oh and beat the dog's a^*!! And Happy Birthday!!

YJJeepacorn
03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I have a recieving part of a YJ seat belt you can have if that is the part you need!

XJ Wheeler
03-22-2013, 12:41 AM
I would say as far as the seatbelt I would look into the JY, as it would be your best bet... As far as the headliner... you can either pay someone to do it, pick one of those up at the JY as well, or pick up the items like Nick mentioned above and give it a whirl... oh and beat the dog's a^*!! And Happy Birthday!!

X2. Happy B-day!

jaysXJ
03-22-2013, 06:38 AM
I just need the actual seatbelt, he chewed through it

YJJeepacorn
03-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Oh, ok. Sorry and happy birthday

Mudderoy
03-22-2013, 08:37 AM
This may be of help...
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11844

denverd1
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
4 leggers are cool. seatbelts suck anyway. happy bday.

4.3LXJ
03-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Wrecking yard is always a good source for seat belts. You can always recover the head liner if the foundation material is intact

TimmyTXJ
03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I never did an XJ but I did replace the headliner in my ranger
(it's about 1/4 the size of my xj) You might need a 2nd pair of hands on one that big.

I got the fabric local from joanns fabric ( Yea they sell headliner fabric, I was shocked too)
I used 3m 77 spray glue from Home depot. It's been about 4 years and still holding up. It's all in the prep work.

I'm not a pro in fact thats the only headliner I ever done. So I'm not sure if thats the best way to go, but it worked for me and it only cost me about $20

As for the seat belt. Now you have a good excuse to put in a harness..
Tell her "it's not your fault, it's on the dog. He'll just chew thru a plain belt again"
I think Summit has em.

I can vouch for Joann fabric selling headliner mterial. The local one near my place carries tan, black, and gray. Make sure you are SUPER liberal with the application of the glue. I used the 3m 77 but must not have used enough, my repair is already starting to sag.

Happy Birthday! :happy0180: