PDA

View Full Version : XJ Front And Rear Door Window Weatherstrip

Stumper92
03-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Hello all. Been lurking on this site for a while now. Been a member of NAXJA for years, and am no stranger to the XJ. My question to the forum is who is a good source for replacement weatherstrip for the front and rear doors on the XJ? I have a 1990 XJ with the movable vent window on the front door. The issue I am having is the common degradation of the rubber wiper on the bottom section of weatherstrip. I have not had much luck locating a vendor that sells the OEM style replacements. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

GrumpysMJ
03-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Stumper, try Trailquest. I just ordered replacement weatherstripping for my Comanche, and they had everything I needed. New here also, and I'm sure there are other vendors out there that I'm not aware of, I just tried them and am happy with the communication I had with them.
GrumpysMJ

4.3LXJ
03-18-2013, 10:57 AM
That is a good site and new to me. Thanks

GrumpysMJ
03-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Check them out. They even had or had access to parts that weren't on their web site. I'm refering to replacement and restoration parts, as that's what I was looking for. You have to call to order parts, but the guy I talked with new exactly what I was looking for as he'd recently re-done a Comanche, and knew what parts were common to the XJ and MJ trucks.
GrumpysMJ

dagr8tim
03-31-2013, 10:37 AM
I may be a bit late, but you can use 97+ weather strip and get the double seal setup.

I actually had a guy with a 91 buy the weather strip from my 98 when I parted it.