PDA

View Full Version : Superlift

Marshalls RV
03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Hi everyone, Im new to site and the Jeep club. Recent purchase of 1988 Cherokee and would like to know if anyone has used superlift rockrunner kit and if they were happy with it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4.3LXJ
03-15-2013, 11:04 AM
I am not sure anyone is running any Superlift stuff on here. Anybody?

Brasscatz
03-15-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm not, but I'm always interested in hearing reviews of Jeep products for sure :D

XJ Wheeler
03-16-2013, 02:04 AM
From what we gathered my brothers lift looks to be a Superlift. The shocks say Superlift with yellow boots :rolleyes: and the lower arms are flexable (looks just like the ones offered by them). Haven't checked much else out but its been on there since he got it over ten years ago. Not a tone of miles on it but hasn't given him a problem yet.

Marshalls RV
03-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will let you know what i think of it. Also going to be doing gears and lockers any input on those would be great. I will be running 33s and im not sure what gear ratio to go to, im leaning towards 4:56 gears and looking at the powertrax lockers for the price. Thanks again. This is my first jeep and im lovin it! I want to set this baby up rt. Thanks again

Brasscatz
03-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will let you know what i think of it. Also going to be doing gears and lockers any input on those would be great. I will be running 33s and im not sure what gear ratio to go to, im leaning towards 4:56 gears and looking at the powertrax lockers for the price. Thanks again. This is my first jeep and im lovin it! I want to set this baby up rt. Thanks again

To be honest I don't have experience with lockers, but we have several members that know everything there is to know about them. I can post up a link to some other threads about lockers if it would help. As far as regearing with 33s, most people go with 4.10s or 4.56s. I think it really depends on what you are going to be using it for mostly. If you do a lot of highway driving, 4.10s will be better for you because it'll give you plenty of power while keeping RPMs down on the highway. If you're keeping it mostly offroad and want even more power, 4.56s will work for ya.

4.3LXJ
03-16-2013, 10:37 AM
4.27 is the gear of preference for 33s, but you can't get that ratio for the D30. So like Jim said it is 4.10 or 4.56. 4.10s would be better road gears, while 4.56 will be better for town and trail. How much are you wanting to spend on lockers?

Marshalls RV
03-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the input i will go with the 4:56 gears as its only going to be in town. Price wise on lockers I have been looking at spool in rear and possibly Detroit truetrac in front. Trying to stay on a budget but I know what Jeep stands for now if you want to do it rt! Just empty every pocket. Lol This jeep is so much fun I just like having other owners opinions on what to go with as I am new. I really appreciate all the input

nickxj94
03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the input i will go with the 4:56 gears as its only going to be in town. Price wise on lockers I have been looking at spool in rear and possibly Detroit truetrac in front. Trying to stay on a budget but I know what Jeep stands for now if you want to do it rt! Just empty every pocket. Lol This jeep is so much fun I just like having other owners opinions on what to go with as I am new. I really appreciate all the input

I would go with lock-rights in both axles

SENT FROM RIVER VALLEY OFFROAD

cantab27
03-16-2013, 02:24 PM
what other plans you got for the jeep........tis a lot of other great mods before throwing cash at lockers..what type of wheeling do ya plan on doing...oh yeah picks of ya ride be nice to.......