PDA

View Full Version : Won't start please help

weasel
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Ok first im broke ramon noodle stlye lol i cant keep feedin this gremlin in this jeep so here is the details its a 94 jeep 4.0 will not start unless i cross the solinoid has a new nss i have replaced all relays and also the fuses are good (i have a spare jeep that most parts swap) i just use a toggle but the wife wants to drive it now and dont care for that now i did notice the ABS relay does click ( Big relay under the hood )also put a test light on the small wire to the starter and it had no power however if you unhook the neg on the batt it will light up :confused: oh and also replaced the starter i realy apreciate any help like i said im good with mechanics usualy just cant aford to pay sombody to fix this thanks again

prerunner1982
03-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Good luck bud. I understand the ramen noodle broke issue. Electrical issues are a real pita.

Mudderoy
03-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Well if it will start and run if you jumper the solenoid you're just going to have to trace down where the fault is between the key and the solenoid.

Any recent work under the dash?

Maybe someone will jump in here with a common fault/solution, otherwise it's going to be break out the volt ohm meter and trace it from point A to point B.

On the up side I bet it's not anything expensive to fix, and could be as simple as a broken or corroded connection.

4.3LXJ
03-09-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't have anything to add to that. Check the ignition switch on the bottom right of the steering column