PDA

View Full Version : Performance chips?

94cherokee
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
I have a '94 XJ & I haven't been able to find any performance chips (besides Jet) for '94, the only ones I've found are starting @ '96. Are there any out there (besides the Jet's)?

bigjim350
03-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Dont waste your money. The chips dont really do much for the 95 and older Jeeps, I have the Jet chip in mine. Cant really feel any gains, but I did lose my rev limiter. And trust me a rev limiter is really handy when you do some hard wheeling.

denverd1
03-08-2013, 10:17 AM
so for '96 and up, they add some gain?

NW99XJ
03-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Yes there is SOME gain,
But really only when you do all the other stuff to take advantage of it.
Such as:
Full exhaust system, high flow catalytic converter, and high flow intake.
Also aftermarket header, and a larger throttle body opening.
Without most if not all of these modifications, you cannot take full advantage of what a chip CAN provide you as far as performance enhancement.

LizardRunner
03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
I am of the "Not Worth the Money Spent" opinion. I get better results simply by doing the engine work and making it breathe better.

Mudpuppy
03-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Try looking up GFS perfomance chips.. I bought one for my jeep, havent put it on yet but it was only 70 bucks, suppose to give you 40 hp and 7 extra miles to the gallon.

94cherokee
03-09-2013, 07:12 AM
To NW99XJ: So aren't the gains you get from the other mods - you'd get the gains from the mods WITHOUT the chip wouldn't you?

NW99XJ
03-11-2013, 09:07 AM
To NW99XJ: So aren't the gains you get from the other mods - you'd get the gains from the mods WITHOUT the chip wouldn't you?
Oh yes!
Those kinds of mods are definitely worth it....(in my opinion, almost MANDATORY for us Cherokee owners)
HOWEVER, something like the JET Stage II performance chip (like what I have) just gives you a little more out of those mods.
Think of it like taking FULL advantage of an upgrade, vs just getting a noticeable difference.

Mudderoy
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Try looking up GFS perfomance chips.. I bought one for my jeep, havent put it on yet but it was only 70 bucks, suppose to give you 40 hp and 7 extra miles to the gallon.

And cure herpes?!?!?! Ummm I'm asking for a friend. :rolleye0012:

Mudpuppy
03-16-2013, 06:47 AM
I just did some stuff to my jeep that increased my hp alot, I put on a high performance muffler and there is a new thing out called econo aid from a complany called airraid.. lets just say before I could spin tires on concrete, now im spinning at every stop, got to get used to it. the econo aid is only 29.99 and takes 2 min to put on, its air intake spacer kit, comes with 2 gaskets and a plate with ridged grooves. I am impressed with it.