PDA

View Full Version : What I learned today

Joliet Johnny
03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
I just saw a commercial for the 2013 Ram Truck. No mention of Dodge... Looked it up and it looks like Dodge separated their trucks into a separate brand in 2009. How did I miss this?

They say you learn something new every day, what did you learn?

Carves
03-06-2013, 09:36 PM
........... They say you learn something new every day, what did you learn?

Learnt that you lot can buy new ... a decent looking truck for $ 30k and we can only get cheap chinese crap 1/2tonners for $ 30k .. :rolleyes:

:D

bluedragon436
03-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah I never knew this either, until the last couple of days when I was looking on a few dealer sites, where they listed the Ram as a brand... I was like WTF?!!! So I started researching... I found that they had created it as it's own brand... Guess I missed that one too!! LOL

4.3LXJ
03-07-2013, 12:04 AM
I remember when they did. I just thought, big deal

XJ Wheeler
03-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah, i think it was with the last redesign. Seemed weird, but now i think they should start the "Wrangler" brand separate from Jeep.

TimmyTXJ
03-07-2013, 07:16 AM
The official seperation from Dodge was after the '09 model year. I've got an '09 Ram and it's still branded as a Dodge. When Fiat took over Chrysler they decided to split Ram so they could focus the Dodge brand on performance and economy cars. The Ram brand was refocused on trucks, SUVs, industrial, and light commercial vehicles.

All that nonsense aside... My Ram is still the best damn truck I've ever owned, driven, or ridden in. :)

LizardRunner
03-07-2013, 10:24 AM
The official seperation from Dodge was after the '09 model year. I've got an '09 Ram and it's still branded as a Dodge. When Fiat took over Chrysler they decided to split Ram so they could focus the Dodge brand on performance and economy cars. The Ram brand was refocused on trucks, SUVs, industrial, and light commercial vehicles.

All that nonsense aside... My Ram is still the best damn truck I've ever owned, driven, or ridden in. :)

Hmm bet that was so they could compete with GMC on level ground.

Brasscatz
03-07-2013, 04:30 PM

Ah yes... Truck Norris! LOL! I still love that you named it that!

TimmyTXJ
03-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Ah yes... Truck Norris! LOL! I still love that you named it that!

You know, it's funny... about a year after I bought/named Norris I found a thread somewhere about a full size Jeep truck named Norris as well. There were a string of "Truck Norris" jokes attached. :)

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=134867

Brasscatz
03-08-2013, 08:13 PM
You know, it's funny... about a year after I bought/named Norris I found a thread somewhere about a full size Jeep truck named Norris as well. There were a string of "Truck Norris" jokes attached. :)

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=134867

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :chuck: :chuck:

"Truck Norris is as close as he wants to be to the objects that appear in his side view mirrors!!" LOL

"Truck Norris poops on birds!"

"Truck Norris once had sex with a Wagoneer.....the result was 2 kids MJ and XJ!"

And one I came up with myself... you don't bleed Truck Norris' brakes... he donates brake fluid :D

XJ Wheeler
03-09-2013, 01:35 AM
:rofl:Truck Norris. That's great!

How about... When Truck Norris goes down the highway, all the cars in front are running in fear and all behind are there to be protected. :D

XJ Wheeler
03-12-2013, 05:54 PM
I just saw a commercial for the 2013 Ram Truck. No mention of Dodge... Looked it up and it looks like Dodge separated their trucks into a separate brand in 2009. How did I miss this?

They say you learn something new every day, what did you learn?

When did this happen? If you can't read it this Caravan says "Ram" on it.