PDA

View Full Version : Linking my IPhone with my 96' XJ

billyjack
03-06-2013, 11:12 AM
After hearing "The great muddroy" speak on a pod cast about his android set up I started doing some research on a set up for my IPhone. This is what I came up with.....

The app is called " Dash Commander"
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dashcommand-obd-ii-gauge-dashboards/id321293183?mt=8

The cable that hooks up to the OBD 2 plug in is a PLX kiwi
http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=GSST2WIFI

Easy to install and was amazed at everything I can check on as far as performance and temps. I hade a check engine light on and had already scanned it at the dealer a few days earlier to see what it was. The new app not only scanned it and told me the same thing the dealers scanner said but it also cleared the code for me.
I can already tell this app is going to save me time and money. A BIG thanks to tony and this site for yet another thing I had no idea even existed!

bluedragon436
03-09-2013, 05:27 PM
I figured there would be an app & setup for the Iphone/Ipods out there that would work the same... Hopefully soon, I'll pick up the bluetooth connector to use with my Droid so I can use it on my XJ as well as other's vehicles when I work on them or they have a CEL... will certainly save so much time and money having to drive up to AZ or a dealership... and still need to reset the CEL once I make the proper repair!!

Paddletrucker
03-10-2013, 11:36 PM
I wonder if that would work on my '95 XJ? Guess I need to look and see if it has the right connector. I may get it anyway, as my XJ is our oldest vehicle. My wife's '02 Suzuki Vitara has a Check Engine light on now that needs to be turned off.

XJ Wheeler
03-11-2013, 02:58 AM
I wonder if that would work on my '95 XJ? Guess I need to look and see if it has the right connector. I may get it anyway, as my XJ is our oldest vehicle. My wife's '02 Suzuki Vitara has a Check Engine light on now that needs to be turned off.

That would only work with Obd2 equipped vehicles, which are 96+.