PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Understands

Xcitethephugoid
03-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Everyone asks why I'm so into lifting my jeep. It's because I have to go to school everyday and have to park next to this guy! 3 inch lift, and 33 tires. He makes fun of my small xj....

4.3LXJ
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Six inch and 35s will give him an inferiority complex :D

Mudderoy
03-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Everyone asks why I'm so into lifting my jeep. It's because I have to go to school everyday and have to park next to this guy! 3 inch lift, and 33 tires. He makes fun of my small xj....

lol now thats funny and a damn good reason at the same time! :beer:

cantab27
03-05-2013, 09:28 PM
well get yours dirty...both way to clean........

Xcitethephugoid
03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
The sad thing is, even if I go higher than him, he's still got 4 12' subs in the back that have the ability to make your ears bleed. So even though I'll be "bigger" he'll be "louder"....

cantab27
03-05-2013, 09:40 PM
be a leader bro not a follower...your jeep your way ...........

4.3LXJ
03-05-2013, 10:01 PM
That's right. Do what you want, not what he wants you to do. Your XJ should be an expression of the real you

Carves
03-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Want the same height ???

Let his tyres down ... easy fix ..

:D:D

Must admit, I prefer the black accents of yours - compared to the snowflake.

and X 3 on not turning your vehicle into someone elses ;)

4x4Dalton
03-05-2013, 10:53 PM
I agree with the rest. Go yer own way bro. It's yer XJ do what you want to not what he says you should do. Tell him next time....."look it's my Jeep and if I want it lifted ill lift it. If not then guess what it my choice not yers."

XJ Wheeler
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
If it makes ya feel any better, there's no way those are 33s. 3" + stock flares = exaggeration.

bluedragon436
03-06-2013, 12:07 AM
I was kind of looking at it and thinking the same thing Jake!! I have my one sub in my Jeep that makes it just loud enough for what I want/need... and I lifted mine to use for DD/trail use... and I don't see the purpose of weighing my XJ down with that much weight of subs and box and amps.... when I can use that same space and added weight in parts, tools and/or camping gear and enjoy my time and using the XJ for what it was built for.... Make it how you want... the heck with what he thinks or says....

XJ Wheeler
03-06-2013, 12:12 AM
I was kind of looking at it and thinking the same thing Jake!! I have my one sub in my Jeep that makes it just loud enough for what I want/need... and I lifted mine to use for DD/trail use... and I don't see the purpose of weighing my XJ down with that much weight of subs and box and amps.... when I can use that same space and added weight in parts, tools and/or camping gear and enjoy my time and using the XJ for what it was built for.... Make it how you want... the heck with what he thinks or says....

True. I have one 12" and i would like 2 but not worth giving up the space.

If he starts raggin on ya height, ask him how he likes his cargo space. :D

bigjim350
03-06-2013, 12:15 AM
The sad thing is, even if I go higher than him, he's still got 4 12' subs in the back that have the ability to make your ears bleed. So even though I'll be "bigger" he'll be "louder"....

who cares about subs. im more proud that most my speakers dont work cause they have been flooded under water and mud too many times. Hell my radio has mud in it. Anybody can own a jeep, but it takes much more to be a Jeeper.

XJScarlet
03-06-2013, 01:12 AM
^Kinda hard to follow bigjim350's post. :p

Personally, I wish I would have reconsidered my lift and done a few things differently. I love my little Jeep, although I do suffer from XJ envy on occasion. I have 2 6x9 Kickers and a Bazooka in mine. I also bolted down a tool box, so I always have some on hand. I have done some odd things to my XJ, but that's what makes her mine.

Xcitethephugoid
03-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Yea lots of people say they like my black trim more than his white trim. He used to have a lowered s10 but he traded it for the xj, built his own housing for the subs too. He's a techy kinda guy.

TripleZero
03-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Like others have said, build your XJ the way you want it. The area of CO I live in, lifted XJ's are about as common as finding cops at a donut shop. So no big deal for me, just gives me more ideas on what I might want to do with mine later.

For example, a co-worker bought his 96' right around the same time I picked up my 98' XJ. He has already done a few things to his with a lift going on this weekend(I am helping him of course). He likes to give me a hard time about me not really doing anything to mine. Funny thing though, as nice as his is, people still comment on mine about how much they like it more, including our boss.

Xcitethephugoid
03-06-2013, 08:16 AM
There are a lot of XJ's in my area but they're mainly all stock. He gives me a hard time about my jeep being little but he's still a really good friend of mine :) It's always nice when every once and a while someone says that your jeep is nicer than the other guys even though yours is stock <3

denverd1
03-06-2013, 11:04 AM
no way those are 33's. get yourself a budget boost and cut your fenders. his head will do this:
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/exploding_head_3.jpg

nickxj94
03-06-2013, 01:30 PM
who cares about subs. im more proud that most my speakers dont work cause they have been flooded under water and mud too many times. Hell my radio has mud in it. Anybody can own a jeep, but it takes much more to be a Jeeper.

Mine has mud on it along with my dash LOL!

SENT FROM RIVER VALLEY OFFROAD

nickxj94
03-06-2013, 01:34 PM
If it makes ya feel any better, there's no way those are 33s. 3" + stock flares = exaggeration.

Unless there 33x10.50s but they would still rub disconnected wheelin'. mine did that's why I cut mine LOL! I like the little one it looks like my other XJ :D

SENT FROM RIVER VALLEY OFFROAD

Brasscatz
03-06-2013, 07:30 PM
It's always nice when every once and a while someone says that your jeep is nicer than the other guys even though yours is stock <3

I get that a lot having a RED Jeep ;) 'cept I'm not stock anymore, but to the untrained eye... it might look stock lol.

4 12" subs??? It's a Jeep not a dance club! Take it from me buddy... I used to be into loud subs and bass and all that when I was 18. 10 years later, my wife gets upset when I say "what?" every time she says something. It's at that point that I now have one 10" sub (set low) just to be able to hear my freakin music! Don't worry about being louder... you'll be the one able to hear when you're older!! He'll be the one learning sign language!

Joliet Johnny
03-06-2013, 07:42 PM
I have a friend who every time he gets out of my 99 he always says "not used to stepping up to get out of a Jeep." Last week I had a guy try to buy my stock XJ cause he missed his.

Carves
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
...... 4 12" subs??? It's a Jeep not a dance club! ......

:smiley-laughing021:

4x4Dalton
03-06-2013, 09:23 PM
I get that a lot having a RED Jeep ;) 'cept I'm not stock anymore, but to the untrained eye... it might look stock lol!

Lol it's ok yer jeep is still our lil red headed step child :D :D