PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey Maker's Kid

Paddletrucker
03-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Back in the day, a young boy was playing in the road when a Revenuer came to check about reports of a still operating in the area.

The Revenuer asked the young boy, "Son, is your father hereabouts?"

"Naw, Sir. He's up yonder in the hills makin' shine," was the little boys response.

Barely able to believe what he'd heard, the Revenuer asked the young boy if he could take him the the still and show him.

The kid, instantly sensing opportunity, said, "Sure I can....for five dollars."

'Ok, ok, I'll give you five dollars. Lead the way, and take me to your Daddy."

The little boy's eyes narrowed and he said, "Sure Mister, you just go 'head and fork over that five bucks and we'll be on our way."

"Don't worry, son. You'll get your money, just as soon as we get back."

The little boy smiled and said, "Feller, you ain't comin' back."

LizardRunner
03-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Now that's a true story !!

4x4Dalton
03-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Ahhhh sounds like home :D

xj4life2
03-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Ahhhh sounds like home :D

So Bear how much money did ya make ??? Sounds like it could be fairly profitable lol lol

cpttuna
03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
my father was born on a tobacco farm in eastern tennessee in 1905. the farm was at the base of the Cumberland mountains. He said," on a good day, you could see the smoke curling up from the hiils." I asked if gov't agents went up into the hills looking for moonshiners. He said yes, but a lot never came back. I was smart enough not to ask if he ever made or drank any.

bluedragon436
03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Yeah I can imagine quite a few were lost in transit... must of gotten turned around up there in them there mountains... lol...

4x4Dalton
03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
So Bear how much money did ya make ??? Sounds like it could be fairly profitable lol lol

Made a lil. But don't tell nobody lol